Savinho

I wonder why we didn't buy Savinho but did buy Kayky.
Was Kayky considered a better player at the time?

I wonder why we didn't buy Savinho but did buy Kayky.
Was Kayky considered a better player at the time?
IDK, but City acquired Haaland at a similar time and I've always assumed they wanted to manage their FFP profile by keeping Savio off the official books - and then I turn my brain on/off 115 times. One of the first things I came across when I heard of Savio was that he was considered possibly the next Rodrygo, the next Vini jr by the Brazilian fans. Kayky wasn't ever mentioned like that, IIRC.

Girona 1 - 0 Las Palmas - LP has this SoCal born RB who represents Mexico and is on loan from Barca named Aruajo who was perhaps the best player on the field. LW Savio faced this guy for 72' and held his own. Created a few dangerous moments and had a good look to score himself. Kid just doesn't see the ball enough ... which leads us to the Girona manager. Pablo Torre, Savio, Tsygankov, and Yan Couto are clearly the most talented players Girona has - they should be on the field lots and near each other. Well, the Girona mgr [who now has 10 pts in 4 matches] begs to differ ... so what do I know? Maybe his plan is to hold on until he can sub on a legion of furious talent to win matches.

Yan Couto won the match, btw, with a clever headed assist at the death - see the Max Perrone thread to hear more about that mess - wonderkid Solis didn't make it off the bench

Imagine him and Doku next season! This guy definitely has world class potential!

If Girona are comfortably on top as the 2nd half progresses we could see the wonderkid Solis subbed on for a few mins - baby Rodri this guy.

Don't want to get carried away, but from what I watched of him tonight, very very impressed.

He is very explosive and very direct.

Only 19 as well.

We could have a SERIOUS player on our hands here. If he continues to develop at this rate, we surely can't sell him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.