Scapuzzi- our 4th striker?

Didn't look out of place last night, which is quite a compliment. Wish the commentators would learn how to say his name right, though!

For a lad just at the club it isnt a bad start to get the odd run out in the cup games. I think if he progresses on then you just never know he may well get a chance at nailing down a place in our squad long term. The next year will be vital for him to prove his worth and to get a new deal just like any member of our squad if you put in the hard work Mancini seems to be the type of manager that is willing to give them a chance in games.

Young said:
dref619 said:
think people should not get too over confident in this lad.
for the last two seasons he was on loan to a serie b side. playing 22 goals, with a return of 0 goals. although he looked promising last night, he is nowhere near ready to be playing any part in the premiership in my humble opinion
Despite this Mancini signed him up, so I bet the management must definitely see something in him. The way he brought down the ball on the touch and made a turn was sheer class.

no i agree, and it was a moment of pure talent that last night. he showed good touches last night, and i was actually impressed. i'd just be worried if we got an injury and a suspension, or a couple of injuries though if he was the 4th chouce

dref619 said:
Young said:
dref619 said:
think people should not get too over confident in this lad.
for the last two seasons he was on loan to a serie b side. playing 22 goals, with a return of 0 goals. although he looked promising last night, he is nowhere near ready to be playing any part in the premiership in my humble opinion
Despite this Mancini signed him up, so I bet the management must definitely see something in him. The way he brought down the ball on the touch and made a turn was sheer class.

no i agree, and it was a moment of pure talent that last night. he showed good touches last night, and i was actually impressed. i'd just be worried if we got an injury and a suspension, or a couple of injuries though if he was the 4th chouce
It should be pointed out that the team he played for in Serie B last season only won one game the whole year, so I'm guessing he was playing upfront alone and without any support. Last night he looked very good, hard to judge on one game, but unlike Ched Evans when I first saw him, I would like to see more of this guy.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
dref619 said:
Young said:

It should be pointed out that the team he played for in Serie B last season only won one game the whole year, so I'm guessing he was playing upfront alone and without any support. Last night he looked very good, hard to judge on one game, but unlike Ched Evans when I first saw him, I would like to see more of this guy.
yeah he only made 22 appearances over 2 years i think, so he wouldn't have even got much of a run there anyway. i'm not saying we should right him off, far from it, i was impressed with the lad last night, but just think the lads gonna need alot of patience , like most young lads are

DontLookBackInAnger said:
dref619 said:
Young said:

And I'm fairly sure he was dealing with an injury for the whole of a season which can obviously affect any young striker who needs a run of games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.