Scariest away day following City

Got chased out of Molyneux in 1975 which was a bit of an eye opener for a 15 year old. Leeds in the cup in 78 was pretty scary walking back to the coaches as well. Was told that the cup games against Newcastle in 77 and Everton in 81 were no picnic either. Take my hat off to anyone brave enough to go to Millwall, Brum or either of the Scouse teams in those days.
I was at Leeds cup matches in 77 and 78 and Newcastle 77 and Everton 81 and although they were pretty hairy at times,there were big City turnouts at these games and we generally gave as good as we got.

Not an away game, but I remember a few 'unsettling' incidents during a home game against Newcastle, when a group of 4 of us got chased twice by the same group of Geordies on the way to Maine Road. Not sure, but probably 72/73.

Late 60s early 70s Chelsea, Arsenal, Leeds, had my head kicked in a few times but lived to tell the tail, not proud of it but got our own back a lot of the time

Stoke away sept 72 lost 5-1, fights all over the place it even kicked off on our coach after the game loads of stone fans jumping on the coach, I remember some of them in white dungarees thinking they were out of Clockwork Orange.

Got chased out of Molyneux in 1975 which was a bit of an eye opener for a 15 year old. Leeds in the cup in 78 was pretty scary walking back to the coaches as well. Was told that the cup games against Newcastle in 77 and Everton in 81 were no picnic either. Take my hat off to anyone brave enough to go to Millwall, Brum or either of the Scouse teams in those days.
had a rumble after that Everton game near the park,gave as good as we got but one of my mates got slashed luckily not too badly,wasn't just the red dippers that were dirty fuckers in them days....

Leeds 77 and 78 remember a sizeable City crew giving it a go in the Leeds end before the 77 cup game and my pal got a dart in the side of his head and didn't even know !!

Worst was Leeds in the cup when they invaded the pitch, the trip back to the railway station as a 15 year old was scary as fuck.

Only ever managed to get twatted once which was Everton away probably '79ish, was on a coach as the trains were cancelled/on strike and was battered by 4/5 adults (I'd be about 16), as I got up loads of blues were running from the coaches to help & the 2 Scouse cops on horses they were just behind me had apparently split around me being punched and carried on in front of me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.