Scariest away day following City

Hahahaha remember that day shit themselves Burnley.

We had a run in with Burnley at a service station in the 90s. We had been Spurs away, on the way home we stopped at some services and they had. Some of our lads simply asked them how they had got on, Burnley took exception and started thinking the bus was scarfers.

It was the bus Bernard Buckley used to organise from Chadderton, they came unstuck and were soon scuttling back to their own bus. Windows were put through etc.

The police turned up and kept us at the services for a while before letting us go

I recall hiding in a garden near Norwood junction whilst City were chased by Palace fans , a long time ago.
A night match at the swamp when little pockets of blues in their paddock merged into a mixed bag mob best described as men in suits , overcoats ! No fighters but enough to ward off the vermin.
Went with Bury to Liverpool ,min Fa cup Everton were home to Wrexham as well, scousers picked off older bury fans and were generally disgusting.
Worst trouble, Citys player of the year awards at the Willows , Salford , !

I remember when Everton played Liverpool on a Wednesday night at Maine Road, early 80’s. Traffic on the Princess Road always used to back up in Hulme, where I come from, especially when there was a game at Maine Road.

At around the spot level with where Asda is now, a coach got stuck and a few of the local blacks lads, who were getting racially abused, decided to let the mixed fans coach know that they weren’t going to accept it and promptly put a window in. The racists on the coach hadn’t realised the coach was going nowhere and were sitting ducks. As a commotion had been going on for a few minutes around 50 local youths appeared and smashed every window in the coach.

The silly scousers steamed off the coach and chased the locals into the estate that is still there, town-side of the brewery. Unfortunately for our visitors, a number got lost in the estate and took a real pasting before being rounded up by the police and put back on the coach.

A few years later, I took a friend’s Scouse husband to Maine Road, we won 4-0. A proper nice lad who was a fireman and Everton fan, poor thing is dead now. He told me about the last time he’d been at Maine Road. It was a Cup game against Liverpool when his coach got smashed up and he’d taken a bit of a beating about a mile away from the ground. I didn’t have the heart to tell him I was there that night too!

Been pretty fortunate overall where City has been concerned but one time I tagged along with a mate to go and watch the gooners at the Dell. Went into a pub and Arsenals main boys were there. Denton and his crew didnt recognize me so he sent one of his leutenants to ask me where I was from and who I supported. Ridiculous when you think about it, it's something you see in a movie.

Another mention for Leeds away. Also mentioned up thread, the late 95 game with Creaney scoring in front of their kop & City having the whole opposite end. Kinkladze being magnificent that day.
No bother on the way even though I remember meeting up & travelling with a Donny blue in his striking match day attire of full on def Leppard mullet, sleeveless denim jacket with City colours.
A bus full of blues back to the station & no sign of any Leeds that I noticed until the station pub.
I had my back to the narrow door way & remember turning round to see what looked like a load of bin men just off shift, to the rest of the pubs general disinterest. About eight utter scruffs, looked more like bikers or whatever, nothing like a football mob as I'd recognise. Anyway, one says 'are we doing this or what?' then 'Leeds, leeds etc..' but they just stood there. This all seemed surreal tbh as the pub was full of regular travellers & mainly city shirts. I just stood there right in front of the door until I got launched sideways into a table as they rushed in & emerged to see one massive lad, a blue, charge right through them clothes lining all & sundry before getting a bottle on the back of his head (an own goal) for his trouble although it didn't break fortunately.
Leeds disappeared as quickly as seemingly appeared right before the predicable local plod turned up shoving their pointless & unwelcome video camera into peoples faces. An anomaly for my City following as I was/am usually good at seeing or sensing any trouble before it starts although equally so clueless/leathered as in this situation it could all go off around me & I wouldn't have a clue.

I saw a Spurs fan get stabbed in the car park after the 81 replay. Normal City fans tried to help him. My blood ran cold and I always think of this when I get too nostalgic for the past.

I have followed City and Darlo (im a Manc 2 club wanker)for more years than I can remember.City as born in St Marys and Darlo too long a story for now.

Darlos not a place to mess around in if they bring everyone out.

Hereford is similar, you would imagine.
I think I might have met you. But I have got a lad from Boro in my memory. Early 80s. Some top lads from Shewsbury too.

I remember Birmingham away when Donald got a load of tickets in their seats. It was not long after the Luton Millwall fiasco so second division probably 84 ISH.

I saw a Spurs fan get stabbed in the car park after the 81 replay. Normal City fans tried to help him. My blood ran cold and I always think of this when I get too nostalgic for the past.
Lad who goes in Clayton con club said as much after having this conversation last year,said it went on quite a lot that day Blue on spurs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.