Schalke 04

Dunne Believable. said:
watched most of it last night,great finish to it they could of scored 4 in the last 10 mins alone,place was rocking.

Was there yesterday. Great atmosphere. Expected more from Valencia, especially after they were 1-0 up

Best stadium I've ever been to and the friendliest fans I've ever known.

I'll never forget walking down a dark track behind the stadium after the game in 2008. It was all Schalke fans walking towards us and we were obviously all blues walking the other way. Many of them shouted out "Good luck!" and "Well played" as we walked past.

I've returned to Dusseldorf a couple of times on the strength of the visit there in 2008. Off there in July for a stag weekend too. Great place.

I also had a great time when we played schalke in 2008, we go back a long way with the club having played them before in European competition. Great Stadium, great fans. Also went to Dortmund pre season and that was pretty impressive stadium and fans too . We seem to have good relations when we play german clubs , similar sentiments as well regarding Hamburg as well.

Hoping for a positive result tonight against kiev

Unless they win the comp this season they probably wont even be in Europe at all next season:

1 Borussia Dortmund 25 19 4 2 53:14 +39 61 CL
2 Bayer 04 Leverkusen 25 14 7 4 53:34 +19 49 CL
3 Hannover 96 25 15 2 8 37:32 +5 47 CL Qual.
4 1. FSV Mainz 05 25 14 1 10 41:32 +9 43 EL Qual.
5 FC Bayern München 25 12 6 7 51:33 +18 42 EL Qual.
6 1. FC Nürnberg 25 11 6 8 39:32 +7 39
7 Hamburger SV 25 11 4 10 37:36 +1 37
8 SC Freiburg 25 11 4 10 32:34 -2 37
9 1899 Hoffenheim 25 8 9 8 41:37 +4 33
10 FC Schalke 04 25 8 6 11 29:30 -1 30
11 1. FC Köln 25 8 5 12 31:43 -12 29
12 Eintracht Frankfurt 25 8 4 13 24:34 -10 28
13 FC St. Pauli 25 8 4 13 27:43 -16 28
14 SV Werder Bremen 25 7 7 11 33:51 -18 28
15 VfL Wolfsburg 25 6 8 11 29:37 -8 26
16 VfB Stuttgart 25 7 4 14 43:47 -4 25 Play-offs
17 1. FC Kaiserslautern 25 6 7 12 33:42 -9 25 Relegation
18 Borussia M'gladbach 25 6 4 15 37:59 -22 22 Relegation

Eight points off the bottom, THIRTY-ONE points off their biggest rivals who are top of the league!

cinnamon blue said:
I also had a great time when we played schalke in 2008, we go back a long way with the club having played them before in European competition. Great Stadium, great fans. Also went to Dortmund pre season and that was pretty impressive stadium and fans too . We seem to have good relations when we play german clubs , similar sentiments as well regarding Hamburg as well.

Hoping for a positive result tonight against kiev

Let's hope ourselves and Bayer Leverkusen stay in the competition. That would be another trip I'd go to

danburge82 said:
Unless they win the comp this season they probably wont even be in Europe at all next season:

Eight points off the bottom, THIRTY-ONE points off their biggest rivals who are top of the league!

There is 90% chance they will be in Europe next season

They knocked out Bayern in the semi final of the German cup and play 2nd division side Duisburg in the final, the winner gets a Europa league place. (Not exactly CL but still "in europe" :).

Their manager that they have now, Felix Magath, is the one that brought Dzeko to Wolfsburg and won the first ever Bundesliga with them.

MCFC BOB said:
It's a shame for Valencia that they have such terrible centre-backs. Navarro and Ricardo Costa are terrible.

I was thinking the same, Navarro did really shit with the stupid Foul. And their fucking Build up was worst i have seen from Valencia.

If i remember Valencia 2004, fook it.

Bout Schalke 04, they are going to kick ther Coach out on the end of the Season, maybe even before.

And yes, they was really lucky having a shit Gruop with Team who aint had their best Form at the Season (especially Lyon was crappy).

Their Keeper saved them last Night also, worldclass save in 51. Minute when it was 1-1 i belive.

balkanno said:
MCFC BOB said:
It's a shame for Valencia that they have such terrible centre-backs. Navarro and Ricardo Costa are terrible.

I was thinking the same, Navarro did really shit with the stupid Foul. And their fucking Build up was worst i have seen from Valencia.

If i remember Valencia 2004, fook it.

Bout Schalke 04, they are going to kick ther Coach out on the end of the Season, maybe even before.

And yes, they was really lucky having a shit Gruop with Team who aint had their best Form at the Season (especially Lyon was crappy).

Their Keeper saved them last Night also, worldclass save in 51. Minute when it was 1-1 i belive.
It's weird really. Aduriz, Tino Costa and Mata have been brilliant this season. Soldado looks like a good replacement for Villa aswell. But the defence has always been the problem. Their right back Miguel has been arrested twice this season (one for a shooting, one for running over and old lady) and he's been suspended by the club for turning up to training drunk, and he's currently seving a suspension for mouth off to Emery (the manager). Navarro and Ricardo Costa have been terrible all season, and their best left back Mathieu has been out for parts of the season.

However, they played very well against Barcelona with 8 first team players missing. They should have won actually, or at least come away with a point.

Tino Costa would be brilliant next to Silva. The actual footage of Costa starts at 40 seconds in the second video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqEsV-rswdw[/youtube][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NNNNpTAXps[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.