Danilo
Fernandinho
De Bruyne
B Silva
Sterling
Sane
Aguero

Muric, Zinchenko, Kompany, Gundogan, D Silva, Mahrez, Foden

Not sure if Delph is actually injured, or just completely out of favour nowadays?

I was thinking this during the Newport game. I hope he's injured because he's pretty much the only player to have played lower leagues football, and if he can't get a game vs. Newport when we've got really important players to protect for this week, then he's really pissed someone off.

I was thinking this during the Newport game. I hope he's injured because he's pretty much the only player to have played lower leagues football, and if he can't get a game vs. Newport when we've got really important players to protect for this week, then he's really pissed someone off.
We have an almost fully fit squad now so I don't think it's that much of a surprise that he can't make the bench. Someone has to miss out and unfortunately for Delph, he's the clear weak link in our squad.

We have an almost fully fit squad now so I don't think it's that much of a surprise that he can't make the bench. Someone has to miss out and unfortunately for Delph, he's the clear weak link in our squad.

It is a surprise that he's not making it over Zinchenko given how integral Delph was to our team last season. Let's not forget that he was largely excellent in an unfamiliar role.

It is a surprise that he's not making it over Zinchenko given how integral Delph was to our team last season. Let's not forget that he was largely excellent in an unfamiliar role.
I think Zinchenko is preferred for his ability on the ball and if Pep is worried about him defensively in a particular game then Danilo has emerged as a reliable option this season. There just doesn't look to be a place for Delph at the moment.

The travelling squad to face Schalke: Goalkeepers: Ederson, Muric, Grimshaw Defenders: Walker, Danilo, Sandler, Kompany, Laporte, Otamendi, Zinchenko Midfielders: Gundogan, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Foden Forwards: Mahrez, Sterling, Sané, Aguero

Schalke coach Tedesco: "City are very structured in their phases of play. Every player knows what the others are doing. They are particularly good in the 'number 8' position. Yet if you do your job well, it can make you vulnerable in some respects. Each team can pay the price."

City first have to prove they are stronger than us. We are playing against a team at the very top and need to look for opportunities. We want to give some cheer to the crowd and take our chances."

The travelling squad to face Schalke: Goalkeepers: Ederson, Muric, Grimshaw Defenders: Walker, Danilo, Sandler, Kompany, Laporte, Otamendi, Zinchenko Midfielders: Gundogan, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Foden Forwards: Mahrez, Sterling, Sané, Aguero
Good to see Sergio has bothered to turn up for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.