Schalke (a) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think that Stones injury has meant he'll play the system he did against Arsenal.

With the 3 at the back on the ball and 4 at the back off of it. I'm happy enough with that.

Shame for Sané but you can only have 11 on the pitch, Clive

Looks a good line up

Bit worried about us being short up front now with Jesus injured. Loss of games to come and Serg will need to be closely managed. I wonder whether Sané might become our no.2 striker for a while?

Shame for Sané but you can only have 11 on the pitch, Clive

Looks a good line up

Bit worried about us being short up front now with Jesus injured. Loss of games to come and Serg will need to be closely managed. I wonder whether Sané might become our no.2 striker for a while?
Raz can play up top, then Leroy or Mahrez comes in out wide.

Same as what we did against Arsenal then. It worked then and I expect it to work again tonight but mainly due to the strength of our individuals compared to theirs rather than the formation. For me it's an unnecessary risk playing this way, particularly in a knock out competition away from home. Pep knows what hes doing but it doesn't stop be feeling uneasy seeing just 3 defenders on the pitch
We play like this for the last 1,5 years in (almost) every game. One of the defenders (usually fullback) joins midfield forming 3-2 in possession.

We play like this for the last 1,5 years in (almost) every game. One of the defenders (usually fullback) joins midfield forming 3-2 in possession.
Yeah, it's kind of odd thinking about it, with us reviving a 90 year old tactic (W-M), but that's Pep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.