According to UEFA’s own guide, VAR may overrule a referee’s decision in “factual” cases – i.e. offsides, fouls in or outside the penalty area.

But the referee must make the final decision in infringements that are subjective – like the Otamendi ‘handball’ – and so the broken monitor throws into doubt whether VAR had the authority to overrule the original call.

UEFA are expected to release a statement.

Now that’s up for debate yeah I agree.
It shouldn't be up for debate at all, that is how VAR in the CL is supposed to work, it shouldn't be given from UEFA headquarters. We were being fucked over tonight when our goal went to VAR, "City have scored, so lets find a reason not to give it" took nearly 2 minutes, when it was clearly a legit goal.

Under next seasons rule change it’s a pen - this season it has to be deliberate and the only movement his arm makes in that split second is away from the ball.

I thought his arm moved slightly outwards before it moved in. It’s the VAR taking so long that’s the problem for me.

But handball is entirely down to interpretation. There’s also making yourself bigger and hand being in an unnatural position.

Otamendi has made himself bigger and blocked the call with his hand, whether or not he was then moving his hand out of the way.
You will reel some in with that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.