Their only shots on target were the penalties neither of which should have been given. Yellow cards dished out like confetti for us but not for them. We won’t be allowed to win this competition.

Fantastic result. Had to overcome a ridiculous penalty decision including the most ridiculous VAR review I've ever seen and then a highly contentious second yellow for Otamendi (was it even a foul). Sane should have started. ZInc should have been LB with Fern in his normal DM position and LaPorte and Ota as CBs. David Silva or KDB on the bench (both had poor games). Brilliant character by the team to come from behind with only 10 men and Leroy's goal was a rocket. Nice winner from Raz as well. UEFA's attempt to disrail us was well in evidence again tonight.

I said in the match thread that Sane needed to be brought on for Sterling, well at least I was half right. Ha ha.

Their only shots on target were the penalties neither of which should have been given. Yellow cards dished out like confetti for us but not for them. We won’t be allowed to win this competition.

Such a confusing game, just happy we came away from it with a win. Thought the two penalties were correct, although one maybe offside. Not sure why Otamendi was given a yellow for the first pen. Ref had a shocker in all truth, their players got away with almost everything.

Hope we smash them moaning, dirty bastards at the etihad.

Think they'll just disqualify us from the second leg now instead? Schalke qualifies on the grounds of not being Man City. Sounds fair.

Two penalties against, a red card and a poor performance makes this an absolutely phenomenal result. has to be said it’s individual talent that’s got us that tonight, pep got it wrong, his lineup was too unbalanced, you can’t have 4 players wanting to get on the ball and make the pass and only 2 players to hit who are double or trebled up on, it’s too easy to pack the defence when everything is played in front of you and only one or two threats behind to be concerned with. Having said that, He redeemed himself with the subs, bt was suggesting sterling would come off for sane, i was hoping it was Sergio to play with no striker and two pacy wide men instead and that’s exactly what he did and it got us the result. Great resilience to get ourselves out of a hole, a fast start in the second leg and we can put the game to bed early.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.