Scholes, ITV disgrace

Paul_Powers_Tash said:
Is this the level we've come too?

Blame everyone apart from ourselves? Fuck the excuses for not being there tonight, I'm sick of hearing the shit spouted on here to justify their decision not to go and support the lads. Everyone who normally goes but didn't bother tonight is the reason Scholes had us on toast tonight. its your fault not his.

For all you conspiracy theorists who think we are being stitched up let me draw you another scenario. Scholes and ITV turn up tonight to find a packed stadium with a hostile atmosphere that drives the team on to a glorious victory. How much fun would Scholes have had then?

I had 8 rows of empty seats in front of me as I watched from my season ticket in tier 3 of the East stand. Disgrace. "We've not taken to it", "the ticket prices", "I can't afford it", PATHETIC. Are our fans really the poorest people in football? Really?, the scoucers who have fuck all will sell out every CL match. It was the crowd who dragged them over the line in their last game in the CL.

Tonight we had no crowd, hence no atmosphere and no passion. Sheikh Mansour must wonder why he bothered.

Either support City or don't. Get to the game, forget the excuses, find a way, and make yourself heard. Period.

Fuck off mate, I get the bus every day to work because I spend all my spare money on going to City, I can't afford the CL games, if mr hung-wun-nikkon wants to take my seat for CL games then good for him. I can't fucking afford £120 extra at minimum for 3 games.

yatesy94 said:
Frankly I don't give a toss about what that little ginger prick has to say about my club. The way he blabbers on about our "poor atmosphere" you'd think Old Trafford was renowned the world over for it's intimidating loud support - instead it's infiltrated from the top down with tourists that come from the 4 corners of the globe aka usually anywhere but Manchester. It's difficult to get excited about this competition anymore when City are seemingly getting fucked in the arse at every given opportunity by UEFA.

Still think we'll scrape 2nd place in the group but wouldn't lose sleep over it were to face an early exit.
Normally when someone mocks you and takes liberties, the way you respond is by beating them, not conceding defeat. So I'd love to see City qualifying now and ramming our critics words right back down their throats.

Peter Bodak's Quiff said:
Citizen in Pakistan said:
i said it in the other thread and i,ll say it here again we,ll rip united into a new one on derby day,lets see what that twat has to say after that,criticinsing the play is one thing but being biased as a so called tv expert is a farce,everyone knows hes a di** but he had to make it ovbvious tonight and city seriously need to redress the empty seats issue or we,ll always get slated

We are always going to be tarnished with being glory hunters whether its Scholes or somebody else we have to fill the ground its not City responsibilty its the so called fans, I was there were you ?

slightly unfair bodak , it is getting to a stage were supporters are having to make sacrifices to afford to got to games, league games are a must see , but cup games are optional and ST holders can opt out . Personally i have economised to get to games (now a one car family , only heat one room during daytimes etc.) but tonight the club could have made concessions , £25 a ticket would have been a reasonable gesture , i only went tonight because i got a spare off a friend , It hurts like hell when i cant afford to attend a game , and have to listen to radio manchester , when i know i should be at the game .

Fact is we give him and the media ammo at every opportunity.

Champions league nights are what some of us dreamt of and when the dream comes true and we get to compete on the big stage the majority of us can't be arsed turning up.

Those who do bother to turn up simply do not make a noise, it's fucking embarrassing to say the least. We only create a half decent atmosphere 3 times a season max. Poor effort blues we know we are better than that.

If a manager is outfoxed when we draw or lose, then it follows that Pellegrini is the King of all Foxes seeing as he wins 9 out of 10

1 point out of 6 in the last 2 home games and an expected win against Hull are nothing to get excited about, beating Europe's elite is what we should be aimimg for.

blackley macca said:
Fact is we give him and the media ammo at every opportunity.

Champions league nights are what some of us dreamt of and when the dream comes true and we get to compete on the big stage the majority of us can't be arsed turning up.

Those who do bother to turn up simply do not make a noise, it's fucking embarrassing to say the least. We only create a half decent atmosphere 3 times a season max. Poor effort blues we know we are better than that.
Scholes is a millionaire. City fans are shelling out £600 plus for season tickets, and £60 for Premiership match tickets so something gives and Liverpool and Chelsea fans get to enjoy their European nights because they are drawn against easy opponents. When City play, we always disappoint against the bigger teams. It's a mystery, but we half expect it so it's not surprise so many City regulars give the European games a miss

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a top European game at the Etihad. Even Hamburg was a defeat. Plzen and CSKA Moscow were OK but they weren't elite teams.

Kippax Street 1880 said:
Paul_Powers_Tash said:
Is this the level we've come too?

Blame everyone apart from ourselves? Fuck the excuses for not being there tonight, I'm sick of hearing the shit spouted on here to justify their decision not to go and support the lads. Everyone who normally goes but didn't bother tonight is the reason Scholes had us on toast tonight. its your fault not his.

For all you conspiracy theorists who think we are being stitched up let me draw you another scenario. Scholes and ITV turn up tonight to find a packed stadium with a hostile atmosphere that drives the team on to a glorious victory. How much fun would Scholes have had then?

I had 8 rows of empty seats in front of me as I watched from my season ticket in tier 3 of the East stand. Disgrace. "We've not taken to it", "the ticket prices", "I can't afford it", PATHETIC. Are our fans really the poorest people in football? Really?, the scoucers who have fuck all will sell out every CL match. It was the crowd who dragged them over the line in their last game in the CL.

Tonight we had no crowd, hence no atmosphere and no passion. Sheikh Mansour must wonder why he bothered.

Either support City or don't. Get to the game, forget the excuses, find a way, and make yourself heard. Period.

Fuck off mate, I get the bus every day to work because I spend all my spare money on going to City, I can't afford the CL games, if mr hung-wun-nikkon wants to take my seat for CL games then good for him. I can't fucking afford £120 extra at minimum for 3 games.

Then maybe we need to revisit how big we really are because from where I was sat no fucker was sat in your seat or 10,000 others. I wonder how many people who couldn't afford to go tonight could somehow find the money for a ticket if we got to the final?

Ultimately I felt sorry for the owner tonight, watching the team he's ploughed millions into playing in a half empty stadium and the only singing he could hear was in Italian. Disgrace.

The truth is that real supporters don't watch their teams home games from the comfort of their armchair or with a pint in the pub, they find a way to be their and cheer on the team. Appears we haven't got as many of them as we thought!

Anyone who wants to go back to the days of praying for a draw in the a Derby and a little run in the cup should go and support another club.

Blue2112 said:
Imagine Denis Tueart, Mike Summerbee or any other City legend commentating on a Rag game it just wouldn't happen, mind you I can't ever a City legend commentating on a City game god forbid.

The last time I can remember an ex blue on skys panel was Mike Summerbee away to norwich , tevez hat trick when the interviewers first question to Carlos was " did you dive for the penalty" Mike went mad and dont think he was asked back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.