Scholes, ITV disgrace

Don't fall for the bullshit blues. 37k is a good support especially for a team that has grown so much in recent history.

I reckon you will be able to find 100 lower attendances and within then will be some huge clubs. The Italians regularly got lower than 20k for cup games even the mighty Juventus. Then I'd love to see the top 50 attendances and I reckon the rags wouldn't be in it ;-)

As for Scholes he's managed to air brush their prawn sandwich history by going unchallenged. Since when did selling out matter, it's a recent thing that only became important when the rags started selling out.

Shows ferdinands business sense when he thinks a team shouldn't expand their stadium because on 2-3 out of 25 they don't have 100% occupancy.

I haven't seen on this thread yet that at old trafford they are forced to join the cup schemes when buying a season ticket,how many season tickets do they sell there? oh and yes scholes is a ****.

For someone who supposedly has no agent, he doesn't half get a lot of gigs theses days.

blue 68 said:
Can't win, staying away from CL games because the competition is bent and pointless and the refs are corrupt but stopping in and listening to this ginger ape is enough to finally tune out of ITV CL coverage altogether.
Wish we could just say thanks but the draws a joke, think we'll take a rain check and give our place to somebody else.

What exactly is a rain check and how does one take one?

Perhaps ITV had pre booked scholes 6 months ago thinking he would be commentating on a rag chimp match ?

Thought I'd hate Neville being a pundit but to be fair he doesn't say much wrong - Scholes has let his mouth go since he retired

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet (I haven't read the whole thread), the official capacity of the ground is 48k, but we loose a few hundred seats due to segragation, then this season we've lost about an extra 3k or so because of the building work, on top of this the capacity has to be reduced still further for champions league games as the larger pitchside screens mean we can't use the first three or four rows, by my reconing that's about another 4k, the official attendence of 37.5k means we were probably only about 3k short of a sell out.

lyonfish said:
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet (I haven't read the whole thread), the official capacity of the ground is 48k, but we loose a few hundred seats due to segragation, then this season we've lost about an extra 3k or so because of the building work, on top of this the capacity has to be reduced still further for champions league games as the larger pitchside screens mean we can't use the first three or four rows, by my reconing that's about another 4k, the official attendence of 37.5k means we were probably only about 3k short of a sell out.

On CL nights the capacity is more likely to be approx.43,000,so we are 6000 down.

That's the real point and it should be sorted at a higher level in ITV...

[[/quote]It's not what Scholes said that bothers me. It's the staggering disrespect afforded to us by ITV that bothers me.

Adrian Infantile is well named and apart from the anchor BT Owen is perhaps the worst pundit/presenter on TV.
As for that nice Mr Scholes, unprofessional is the best way to describe him. He actually showed himself up and was a poor advert for ex pro players.
We were poor on the night true, but the fact that Scholes got ripped into us even before a ball was kicked proves that he came to the game with an anti City agenda.
Enough ITV don't bite the hand that feeds you.
We have a way to get back........simply don't buy any products from the firms who advertise during their match coverage.....the one tune ITV does dance to is the one played by their advertisers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.