School closures because of snow

Paladin

Why do some schools send children home when it snows? I can't think of one reason why this should happen. I can think of many why it shouldn't.

1. Parents have to finish work to collect their kids, or be at home with them.

2. Parents could be at work many miles away, can't get to school quickly anyway, and might need to take annual leave.

3. Grandparents or carers might be elderly and it could be dangerous to expect them to attend school.

4. It is not dangerous to keep kids at school when it is snowing.

5. Kids live near school and can normally walk home.

6. Buses aren't available at the early closure time, so parents have to make the arrangements for kids who can't walk home. What's the difference between doing this after school or at midday?

7. School boiler could be broken. Tough. Get a service contract like everyone else.

8. Teachers get to leave early. Why can't they leave at 3pm? Every other worker has to leave at their normal finishing time.

I am trying hard to find a good reason for this, yet we all accept it as normal but inconvenient.

Because they have no understanding of the real world.... Half the staff had to leave work today to fetch their kids, just a kop out from Teachers so they can go home early.

6 weeks off in summer, and all Christmas and New Year ain't enough. No wonder kids are lazy cunts, they're only following the example of their teachers!

Because most parents who moan when the school shuts, would be first in line to claim when their little "darling" slips and hurts themselves in the playground because of the snow.

Snows all day. Parents can't get from work to school when they leave as normal due to snow and associated traffic. Who looks after little Johnny at half 3 until whatever time parents can get to school?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.