School Issues. Safeguarding report

I got bullied at school in Gorton (aged 7 to 9).....I put up with it until I was 9 then flipped

Never got bullied by anyone ever again. I became a right fucking psycho though.

This got me in loads of trouble as the slightest hint of intimidation I went beserk.

You'd found the magic formula to stop the bullying, must have been an irresistible reaction to any future threatening situations, can relate to this from my own childhood, it also got me into trouble on too many occasions.

Does at our place in line with complaints policy and procedure - assumed the same in most places.
Agree, it’s normal policy to arrange a meeting with Headteacher. It was more the phrase "has a right to”. I wasn’t being pedantic, just saying that, legally, he doesn't have “the right to” but you’re correct about procedure etc. Any HT worth his/her salt would want systemic bullying stopping immediately.

I'd extend that to any teacher or staff member full stop.
Absolutely. And bullying takes many forms too, from the blatant physical attacks to the much more insidious drip-drip mental stuff. Both equally abhorrent and I've no time for any of it. Bullies and liars. My two least favourite type of people.

I live right opposite which I think is more than probably the school in question and 2 minutes from the other secondary school, my son was bullied at school but he was at a school in stalybridge, he ended up with a serious head injury which he left him with problems, kids at that age are very reluctant to admit to being bullied, if you want to pm me I can give you my address if he has any problems outside school after this he only has to walk over to mine plus I might be able to ask a an older boy to keep his eye on this issue, hope this gets sorted because the worry of it is so frustrating,
Thanks for the offer mate. It never happens outside school. I have kids at Primary School also in Duky so they get picked up without any of this shit anyway. Brilliant offer though pal Thankyou

I.M.O. there is no martial art better for self defence and confidence building.
We are going to go look at a few but it is moot at the moment with his arm in plaster. I did some Jiu Jitsu as a kid technically it was brilliant but it was trained to syllabus and not really suited to the inexperienced fighter to adapt mat to street...saying that when you are good at it it is awesome in most situations.

I got bullied at school in Gorton (aged 7 to 9).....I put up with it until I was 9 then flipped

Never got bullied by anyone ever again. I became a right fucking psycho though. It is a common story and one i think we may share pal.

This got me in loads of trouble as the slightest hint of intimidation I went beserk.

Agree, it’s normal policy to arrange a meeting with Headteacher. It was more the phrase "has a right to”. I wasn’t being pedantic, just saying that, legally, he doesn't have “the right to” but you’re correct about procedure etc. Any HT worth his/her salt would want systemic bullying stopping immediately.
She is either a administrator extraordinaire or just fuckin useless

I'd extend that to any teacher or staff member full stop.
In class about 4 week ago some lads went in his bag took out is beloved North Face (yes I know :) )cap had a game of throw it round the room till it landed in a bin...where the TEACHER took it out handed it back to him and carried on with his lesson...WTF

Absolutely. And bullying takes many forms too, from the blatant physical attacks to the much more insidious drip-drip mental stuff. Both equally abhorrent and I've no time for any of it. Bullies and liars. My two least favourite type of people.
See above twatting animals to a kid mate

Head Master has hung her deputy out to dry.

Had a meeting with the deputy last Monday with my lad uniformed up ready to start school and long story short, they wanted the arm breaker to be allowed in his English and PE class despite a potential court case. Their reasoning was sanctions had been made towards him for the issue and to move him would be adding additional sanctions. I told them that wasn't acceptable because of the potential court case and we got in the car and left (very simplified)

A few hrs later "Head of Operations"(wtf) phoned me up out of the blue and said "Ms Scarlet pimpernel (headmistress) would like a meeting with you"
The meeting happened
"My deputy was fully aware that none of the lads involved should be in in sprout jnrs class. " (doesn't do her any favours when i asked if she needed time to rearrange his timetable and she said yes)

ADVICE PLEASE

An action point agreed in the first contact i had with school was for me to involve the police. i had informed them i would be taking this approach and it was actively encouraged.
In my meeting with the Head she disclosed she had made the bullies aware that the police were involved...despite telling me that GMP were yet to get in touch.

Now i have had Data protection thrown at me constantly through this to the point where they couldn't confirm the names of the children involved

Head Master has hung her deputy out to dry.

Had a meeting with the deputy last Monday with my lad uniformed up ready to start school and long story short, they wanted the arm breaker to be allowed in his English and PE class despite a potential court case. Their reasoning was sanctions had been made towards him for the issue and to move him would be adding additional sanctions. I told them that wasn't acceptable because of the potential court case and we got in the car and left (very simplified)

A few hrs later "Head of Operations"(wtf) phoned me up out of the blue and said "Ms Scarlet pimpernel (headmistress) would like a meeting with you"
The meeting happened
"My deputy was fully aware that none of the lads involved should be in in sprout jnrs class. " (doesn't do her any favours when i asked if she needed time to rearrange his timetable and she said yes)

ADVICE PLEASE

An action point agreed in the first contact i had with school was for me to involve the police. i had informed them i would be taking this approach and it was actively encouraged.
In my meeting with the Head she disclosed she had made the bullies aware that the police were involved...despite telling me that GMP were yet to get in touch.

Now i have had Data protection thrown at me constantly through this to the point where they couldn't confirm the names of the children involved

First if you've notified the police, phone the station that are dealing with it, give them your ref no (i.e. crime/incident no) and ask if the officer(s) dealing with it can phone you back when convenient with an update as to what's happening with the case.
It's usually the desk sergeant who decides whether to pursue it (and pass it on to the CPS) based on the liklihood of getting a conviction. I'd hate to say this, but he could take a view that the sanctions taken by the school (i.e. suspension & special measures given out) are deemed adequate, and kick it back to the school to deal with.

Second, what result/outcome do you and your lad want, or would be happy with?
Would you be happy with these lads just being segregated away from your lad during school time (i.e. not in same lessons). If so, i would consider this reasonable so push for it and not take no for an answer. Escalate it to school governers, ofsted, your MP and make a general nuisance of yourself till you get it. If needed express a concern about possible witness intimidation or the like.

If you're looking for an expulsion for one of the lads or something similiar, then expect a battle and a load of mither. In my view, if this incident was the first documented time any of those lads have found to be bullying then i doubt it will happen.

Take a view that the school will do what's best for them whilst also taking the path of least resistance. Therefore don't let anything slide and keep mithering them (and anybody else) if you're not happy. It still might not get you your desired outcome, but it is likely to get your lad more protection in the long run due to them not wanting to experience any repeat agro from yourself (and increased scrutiny by outside agencies) if there's further incidents.

What we must remember is that all bullies are insecure cowards determined to destroy others to make themselves feel better. Nobody brought up properly in a loving home goes on to behave like that and neither would they condone such disgusting behaviour.

Neither my primary nor senior school took bullying seriously. One pupil who joined our high school in the third year left at the end of the fourth year after the same problems dogged him. A rumour began to do the rounds that it repeated at his third school and he’d committed suicide.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.