Scientology.....

Any 'religion' created by a science fiction writer caught molesting little boys on a boat is fucked up.

My only experience with Scientology is when a drunken workmate reckoned he'd take the personality test at the Deansgate shop when a group of us were returning to work after a heavy lunchtime session.

They assessed his personality in about 30 seconds and threw him out.

Anyone interested in reading up on this further should read the book 'Cults of Unreason' which is held in the Manchester Library System. It's a decent read too, but it deals with the aforementioned and tracks it all the way back to its start. Quite funny and well written, although on a serious subject. Sorry, I forget the author's name, but should be easy to Google it.

Incredible that people are conned into joining such things, and even worse that they part with their money too, but it happens. Be careful.

Remember the Moonies?

When I was in NYC one of my friends from the UK who was staying with me got a job working in their high-rise office building in the basement restaurant. Everyone but him was a Moonie (he was Chinese by the way) and he was persistently approached by them to join them in weekend trips and camps etc... wisely he stayed well clear of it all, just kept his nose clean and worked a few months before heading back to complete on his computing studies.

Swales lives said:
barryo said:
I have a friend who has been invited to get involved with the Church of Scientology.

Anyone got any experience of this organisation.....good or bad?

First thing they do is get your PIN number, bank details, then they remove your brain and shag all of your relatives.
Is this a good thing?
No shit! Did that happen to you dude?

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
gman07 said:
They are slimey bastards that are only looking for your money... they trick people to join up, then "tell" them who they are and how they can help you to change who you are for a price... now tell me why would this cost money??? if they are a church it should be free... they are an organisation that exploit people that are unsure of themselves... they take a healthy price to help people and some even call them sect or that they are brainwashing people... all for the sake of getting that persons money... when there is no money left they just dont care anymore for that person... have been talking to some people that joined this "church" and they are now broke and heafty in debt due to scientology...

Spot on there.

Years ago I had a client who lived in the USA. I looked after a large slice of his fortune and received his credit card bill once a month which I paid off.
That was good of you. If I send you mine will you pay that off as well?

Scientologists believe that 75 million years ago an evil galactic ruler, named Xenu, solved overpopulation by bringing trillions of people to Earth in DC-8 space planes, stacking them around volcanoes and nuking them. Then the souls of these dead space aliens were captured and boxed up and taken to cinemas where they were shown films of what life should be like, false ideas containing God, the devil and Christ and told to get ill.

After that they supposedly clustered together and now inhabit our bodies. Scientologists believe that if they rid themselves of these body thetans then they will be healthier and will gain special powers like mind-over-matter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.