Scientology

I know someone who is an ex scientologist. Neil is a top bloke, very vulnerable at the time I knew him, but now he's free of scientology and protesting against it. Here's his story.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laEIpPjPWRg[/youtube]

supermankrypton said:
I know someone who is an ex scientologist. Neil is a top bloke, very vulnerable at the time I knew him, but now he's free of scientology and protesting against it. Here's his story.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laEIpPjPWRg[/youtube]

Cheers for that.

At least he joined 20 years ago and not recently. Nobody has an excuse for joining Scientology nowadays.

I've had a bit of a passing interest in Scientology in the last year or so because a friend of mine was considering joining...everything I've read would lead me to believe it's nothing more than a very successful, very weird, cult....

Looking forward to the Panorama tonight - I thought the first one was excellent...

ElanJo said:
Lark Lane Blue said:
Is it even classed as a religion?
I think in Germany it is officially regarded as a cult.
The fact it is so elitist probably makes it easy to hate.

One person believes in an invisible man in the sky = Crazy person

A small number of people believe in an invisible man in the sky = Crazy Cult

A large number of people believe in an invisible man in the sky = A religion that should be respected.

You're quite right, I'm a full non-believer.
I meant officially, as in in Germany it is not allowed to refer to it's self as a "religion" and is logged officially as a cult.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cults_of_Unreason" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cults_of_Unreason</a>

I read this decades ago; many might find it enlightening if seeking to know all about the origins of Scientology, which is a joke when you understand how it came about.

(regardless of what you think of belief systems that have been around for thousands of years)

The fact that you have people like Tom Cruise involved really makes you wonder (about people's sanity and rationality) but then look at the crap that's written in this forum by people and what they say they believe in. Doesn't take very much or anything at all (in some cases) before some people will trot out some quite ludicrous statements of belief in things that aren't real; except to them.

Some people are just stupid, even if they're highly functional and very successful, right Tom?

Im close to the action...live right near one of the churches and have many mates who are scientologists.

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with it and everyone i know is completely normal.

If makes you happy then who gives a fuck

There are people on the programme and probably over the globe that take comfort from some things in Scientology.
But seriously. How can you watch any of that or any other programme that dares to question their ''religion'' and not be worried?
People leave other religions and even criticise them without being followed and bad mouthed.

I've only ever seen things like that in Cults. I have no belief in any religion. They all have a brainwashing technique of spreading their word. Move on to Scientology and they ban you from seeing family indefinitely if you leave. Your only allowed to marry within the religion. You cannot view any criticism of the church.

They are screwed up. But with today's celeb culture they have a big advertisement. It's highly worrying.

PJMCC1UK said:
There are people on the programme and probably over the globe that take comfort from some things in Scientology.
But seriously. How can you watch any of that or any other programme that dares to question their ''religion'' and not be worried?
People leave other religions and even criticise them without being followed and bad mouthed.

I've only ever seen things like that in Cults.
I have no belief in any religion. They all have a brainwashing technique of spreading their word. Move on to Scientology and they ban you from seeing family indefinitely if you leave. Your only allowed to marry within the religion. You cannot view any criticism of the church.

They are screwed up. But with today's celeb culture they have a big advertisement. It's highly worrying.

TBF if you leave Islam you're supposed to be put to death.

And even within Christianity, where it's prevalent, such as in the US, you get bad mouthed, looked down upon and discriminated against, and often disowned by your parents, for leaving it.

ElanJo said:
TBF if you leave Islam you're supposed to be put to death.

And even within Christianity, where it's prevalent, such as in the US, you get bad mouthed, looked down upon and discriminated against, and often disowned by your parents, for leaving it.

I understand there are certain groups within Christianity. But they again lean to cult like status in their administering of their religion. And I didn't really know that about Islam but can believe it.
What I mean I guess is that this seems to prevalent for the whole church. Other world religions are quite secular and not so extreme. And none have people followed like that for daring to ask for justification.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.