Scotland Independance Referendum

BoyBlue_1985 said:
pee dubya said:
smudgedj said:
LOL I spent £35 to buy a decent shower! I'll have to refit the 'dangerous' shower when I leave.

Anyway who are you voting for?
Luxury! There was times i would have paid £35 to use it.

In the referendum? Firmly on the fence at the moment, i think it's a great opportunity to create a better country for your average person to live in, rather than have everything geared towards making money for the few. But there's so many hurdles and so much change needed that i have absolutely no faith in the political establishment overcoming.
It will probably just make the rich richer on either side
Maybe, possibly, probably. There's a lot of guesswork involved really.

On the other hand in a smaller country each MP has a greater say, so your area has a greater representation. A smaller, less established political order is much easier to reform. Smaller parties should have a greater chance to have a say. Change should be easier.

Perhaps it would even be a catalyst for change in the rest of the UK, eventually.

The whole thing is really a hope vs expectation kind of thing, it's not an easy decision.

pee dubya said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
pee dubya said:
Luxury! There was times i would have paid £35 to use it.

In the referendum? Firmly on the fence at the moment, i think it's a great opportunity to create a better country for your average person to live in, rather than have everything geared towards making money for the few. But there's so many hurdles and so much change needed that i have absolutely no faith in the political establishment overcoming.
It will probably just make the rich richer on either side
Maybe, possibly, probably. There's a lot of guesswork involved really.

On the other hand in a smaller country each MP has a greater say, so your area has a greater representation. A smaller, less established political order is much easier to reform. Smaller parties should have a greater chance to have a say. Change should be easier.

Perhaps it would even be a catalyst for change in the rest of the UK, eventually.

The whole thing is really a hope vs expectation kind of thing, it's not an easy decision.

I disagree, its a piss easy decision.

if you feel scottish and not british then vote for independance.
if you feel scottish and british vote to stay in the union.

nationality is about emotion and feeling not about whether you will be better economically.

pirate said:

nationality is about emotion and feeling not about whether you will be better economically.
It doesn't only affect me.

pee dubya said:
pirate said:

nationality is about emotion and feeling not about whether you will be better economically.[/quote]
It doesn't only affect me.

With most people it is.
Not with the Jocks though...

Ancient Citizen said:
sd92 said:
This is exactly my point. They do not say they are going to leave. I never said anything along the lines of they will definitely stay.

Can you guys understand the confusion we have up here.

The MSM say that standard life WILL leave if we vote yes, everybody gets into a flurry but in reality all they are saying is we are putting things in place Incase it goes tits up.

To be honest any company with as much public money in it that doesn't say they are prepared for bad things would lose a hell of a lot.

But surely you can see they did not say they are going to leave. Yet as I said the MSM state that is the case in their headlines. It's amazing honestly, the way things are twisted up here
The way I see it is that they will definitely leave. If they had no intention leaving, whatever the result, they would say so.

How is it possible to grasp that opinion from what was said?

Even the most ardent no voters accept the reality that they do not day they will leave this country if we vote yes.

sd92 said:
Ancient Citizen said:
sd92 said:
This is exactly my point. They do not say they are going to leave. I never said anything along the lines of they will definitely stay.

Can you guys understand the confusion we have up here.

The MSM say that standard life WILL leave if we vote yes, everybody gets into a flurry but in reality all they are saying is we are putting things in place Incase it goes tits up.

To be honest any company with as much public money in it that doesn't say they are prepared for bad things would lose a hell of a lot.

But surely you can see they did not say they are going to leave. Yet as I said the MSM state that is the case in their headlines. It's amazing honestly, the way things are twisted up here
The way I see it is that they will definitely leave. If they had no intention leaving, whatever the result, they would say so.

How is it possible to grasp that opinion from what was said?

Even the most ardent no voters accept the reality that they do not day they will leave this country if we vote yes.
It appears obvious that Standard Life will go. If the No vote wins, they will stay, hence their desire to placate Scottish No-ers with this ambiguous statement.
If it was clear cut that they would be staying whatever the result, as I said they would shout it from the rooftops.
We could be going round in circles on this one, so vote to secede, it bothers me not one jot, I for one hope you succeed.
Sean Connery has always said he'd live back in Scotland and bin the Bahamas if they were independant.
I'd love to ask him if he's packed his bags yet.

2j0fs5h.jp

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.