Scotland v England - Tue 12th Sept, 19:45 | Friendly

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MCFC1993

Live on Channel 4 I believe. Kick off time 19:45 (BST). Playing at Hampden Park.

I believe it's 150th anniversary of the England-Scotland rivalry which is why this friendly is happening.

From a selfish point of view I'd like all the City lads rested. I think Foden might start this one though, I imagine Walker will play as well. It'd be nice to see England without 7 or 8 defensive players on the pitch.

The Jocks are in good form, 5 wins from 5 in their qualifying campaign. I believe if Norway and Georgia draw in their game being played at the same time, then Scotland qualify for the Euro's, so they might have one eye on that.

Does Channel 4 ever televise England games? I only remember Serie A back in the day. I think even channel 5 used to show some internationals occasionally

Don't want to see any city players involved in this. Has the makings of them reducing it to a let's kick the fuck out of each other contest.

Trying to hype this up into something meaningful is very reminiscent of when we played united in a pre-season friendly. Pointless. Send the players back esrly if there's no qualifier instead of pointless friendlies that provide nothing whatsoever and contribute to the player burnout for absolutely no reason.

Anybody else mildly surprised at the way the media are whipping themselves up into a frenzy about this? I confess I'm a bit astonished at how this game is being bigged up. It hasn't been a major fixture for absolutely decades. I'll vaguely follow it, and it's always nice to beat the jocks, but if they beat us — in a game with absolutely nothing riding on it — I sure as hell won't lose any sleep.
I suppose the media have got nothing much to talk about, football wise, at present. Oh, except the non-event of Sancho's failed career across in Trafford Park.

Last edited:
Anybody else mildly surprised at the way the media are whipping themselves up into a frenzy about this? I confess I'm a big astonished at how this game is being bigged up. It hasn't been a major fixture for absolutely decades. I'll vaguely follow it, and it's always nice to beat the jocks, but if they beat us — in a game with absolutely nothing riding on it — I sure as hell won't lose any sleep.
I suppose the media have got nothing much to talk about, football wise, at present. Oh, except the non-event of Sancho's failed career across in Trafford Park.

They will use anything to cover up the shit that is playing out in Stretford.

Master deflection tactics to cover the rag arses and keep the braindeads happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.