Scott Sinclair

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Planetswans forum

He's not good enough for City. Simple as.

When Fulham were linked with him, I thought that could be a decent move for him. Will get plenty of game time under a good manager and amongst good players.

I'd prefer him to stay here if he signs his contract though.

Read more at <a class="postlink" href="http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=125677#WpR5fwfsGx8uLwVg.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewtopi ... x8uLwVg.99</a>

Lancet Fluke said:
hgblue said:
gio's side step said:
Will try what with Sinclair? To merely replace Johnson as a 'squad' player to come on and try and change games when too narrow.

Because if everyone is fit, and we are playing a reasonably difficult PL fixture, Sinclair would never start. So what is the point in signing him when we have Johnson who is no worse.

If you asked 100 neutrals to choose between Johnson and Sinclair, the number who would plump for Sinclair would be in single figures. When Johnson gets a run of games under his belt at Liverpool, we're going to look very, very, silly.

I love that. A completely made up stat that even if it were true would be completely irrelevant in terms of whether we should sign him anyway.

The most pathetic thing I've ever heard. PMSL.

A.J does not have the pace required for the winger we need him to be regardless if he pisses it up the wall or not - pace is not something acquired/better trained, you either have it or you don't, and Sinclair has deffo got it . . .

hgblue said:
Lancet Fluke said:
hgblue said:
If you asked 100 neutrals to choose between Johnson and Sinclair, the number who would plump for Sinclair would be in single figures. When Johnson gets a run of games under his belt at Liverpool, we're going to look very, very, silly.

I love that. A completely made up stat that even if it were true would be completely irrelevant in terms of whether we should sign him anyway.

Of course it's relevant if we're thinking of getting rid of Johnson and replacing him with Sinclair.

You think it is relevant to whether we sign a player? Ok, well maybe you suggest to the club that they start making decisions on playing staff by asking "100 neutrals." Although I suspect they may tell you that what 100 neutrals think about players is pretty much irrelevant (even moreso when they are ficticious neutrals).

I'm amazed at how many on here are dismissing Scott Sinclair as not good enough! Every player can't and shouldn't be a marquee signing.

The guy has been improving every season even playing in weaker teams, since leaving Chelsea. Mark my words. If he comes to City he will have a lot of you eating humble pie.

gio's side step said:
without a dream said:
hgblue said:

It really doesn't matter what AJ does elsewhere, especially if it's Liverpool or Sunderland who frankly aren't our competition. AJ just isn't doing it for us, he's been here 2 and a half years and hasn't got better, if anything he's worse. I'venot seen a whole lot of Sinclair but I don't see any harm in us trying again with the impact sub and who knows, Sinclair might come on leaps and bounds under Mancini.

He's not improved because he hasnt played enough games from the start. He isnt first choice because we would always go with silva and nasri in most games. He's become a player who is 'expected' to merely come off the bench and regardless of the context (how the game is unfolding) merely produce otherwise it contributes to the narrative of 'johnson aint good enough', 'johnson is not improving'. Unless he is given a consistent run in the team to prove his ability now he will always be a squad player.

I'm not advocating we give him a consistent run in the team. It would mean altering the way we play. And im happy with him being a squad player who challenges for a first team place and contributes over the course of a long season.

He is however, much better than Sinclair who would rarely ever get a game at this level.

Totally agree.

Phuket Blue said:
I'm amazed at how many on here are dismissing Scott Sinclair as not good enough! Every player can't and shouldn't be a marquee signing.

The guy has been improving every season even playing in weaker teams, since leaving Chelsea. Mark my words. If he comes to City he will have a lot of you eating humble pie.

totally agree

hgblue said:
kompany10 said:
hgblue said:

sinclair is a better player and more effective and direct than johnson which is what we are looking for.

Scott Sinclair is NOT a better player than Adam Johnson. In fact, he's not on the same planet.

shocked_face.jpg

I take it you dont watch football?

oakiecokie said:
PistonBlue said:
oakiecokie said:
I just get the feeling that Bobby has seen enough of AJ and he possibly feels he aint consistent enough.

I'd agree with that, as would most City fans I think.

I doubt SS would have been anywhere near the top of most fans shopping lists, but as a direct comparison to AJ, Sinclair scores pretty well in my eyes.

I also tend to think that with some world class players within our squad,then he good reap the rewards of that.
Can only go from what other Blue Mooners have said on here,that AJ seems to be a bit off a piss head.Nothing wrong in that,as long as it doesn`t affect his ability (or lack of it depending on your stance) and he may have changed his attitude,but consistency seems to be the key word and at 25 years of age he doesn`t appear to be going forward.
Another thing that I get annoyed about with AJ,his the amount of times I see him either pass the ball backwards or sidewards.Never seen a winger do it as often.

I can agree with that as well.

Just to fan the flames Sinclair is a self confessed Man United supporter. They are his dream club to play for and the team he supports. Uh oh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.