Scott Sinclair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mind Sinclair even if he is not the quality some expected.

He's cheap and British, so he'll hold his value. Has pace and width, we have little of either at the moment. Who knows, maybe he's a hard worker and Mancini plans to use him as a wingback occasionally.

Presumably we are not going to pay him obscene wages so this deal represents little risk for the relative small fee. Even if he flops we should be able to break even on him. I just pray he's not our only signing this summer.

I'm a bit undecided about Sinclair. However, I remember the Mercer/Alison team needing a 'left winger' who would do a job up and down the left touch line and provide some decent crosses in to the box. They went out and paid peanuts for a guy called Tony Coleman. Nobody had heard of him at the time but he did the job that the manager/coach wanted him to do!

A Chelsea follower of mine tweeted this about Sinclair...

He had so much promise. Still think he can be class, I was gutted we let him go. Can cross a ball, very two-footed as well. However his option taking wasn’t amazing. Good pace and skill but needs to lift his head...

When he played City I remember thinking the same - great feet but ended up going nowhere - makes u wonder what he could achieve with more skill and ability around him.

Best news though - can cross a ball....

Phuket Blue said:
I don't know if I wear premanent blue tinted specs or a lot of folks on here know F all about football.

ALL IN ALL I can't believe all the negativity surrounding Scott Sinclair. This is a guy who is only 23 and costs peanuts in today's world. He scored 8 goals and 4 assists for a mid table EPL and hardly missed a minute through injury. Then, admittedly in the Championship in the previous season, he scored 25+ goals! Yet AJ is supposed to be better with 6 goals and 2 assists, many of which were scored against exposed teams playing catch up.

It seems for many on here that unless it's a Hazzard or a Cavani, the guy isn't good enough for City!

It's not always the biggest names that help contribute to success over what will be a very long season. Mancini clearly sees that Sinclair can improve this team and I am more than happy to go along with his judgement.
1. 4 of those were penalties as he's their penalty taker. So you are right he hardly missed a minute last season and from open play he has 4 goals and 4 assists.

2. It says alot about football in England today when we consider 8 million pound as peanuts. It is alot of money for an average player who has one season in the PL and has 12 months left on his contract.

3. It doesnt have to be Hazard and Cavani(two players who has proved their ability for long time) for people to get excited. But at the same time for me the worst part is people who call out others if they dont rate a player City is linked with and basically use the argument of "so mancini rates him, you think you know more than him"

4. I bet you if we were linked with Steven Caldwell, some people would argue how good he is and how clueless you are if you dont rate him.

Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
Marvin said:
Would be the first backward step for years

Rubbish,we don't have a player like Sinclair,he will be very useful as a squad option.

Kolarov was the first to fit your profile
Kolarov is quality. best crosser of the ball in the Premiership with possible exception of Bale, but we don't use him to his strengths - bit like Dzeko.

Sinclair is a traicky winger, but this is a transfe we'd be looking to make 3 years ago. Not now. The only thing going for it is it's cheap. It's the fear that it signals the end of AJ that worries me.
Weird how you know better than a manager that sees him everyday.

Tony101 said:
Phuket Blue said:
I don't know if I wear premanent blue tinted specs or a lot of folks on here know F all about football.

ALL IN ALL I can't believe all the negativity surrounding Scott Sinclair. This is a guy who is only 23 and costs peanuts in today's world. He scored 8 goals and 4 assists for a mid table EPL and hardly missed a minute through injury. Then, admittedly in the Championship in the previous season, he scored 25+ goals! Yet AJ is supposed to be better with 6 goals and 2 assists, many of which were scored against exposed teams playing catch up.

It seems for many on here that unless it's a Hazzard or a Cavani, the guy isn't good enough for City!

It's not always the biggest names that help contribute to success over what will be a very long season. Mancini clearly sees that Sinclair can improve this team and I am more than happy to go along with his judgement.
1. 4 of those were penalties as he's their penalty taker. So you are right he hardly missed a minute last season and from open play he has 4 goals and 4 assists.

2. It says alot about football in England today when we consider 8 million pound as peanuts. It is alot of money for an average player who has one season in the PL and has 12 months left on his contract.

3. It doesnt have to be Hazard and Cavani(two players who has proved their ability for long time) for people to get excited. But at the same time for me the worst part is people who call out others if they dont rate a player City is linked with and basically use the argument of "so mancini rates him, you think you know more than him"

4. I bet you if we were linked with Steven Caldwell, some people would argue how good he is and how clueless you are if you dont rate him.

5. We are spoilt brats and we only want the best signings possible, and if that doesn't happen we will stomp our feet and go home.

About right.

;-)

The truth is we ALL don't know how he'll fit in......Mancini included.....

The amount of players i'e seen slagged off on here before they arrive (for ability or character) then two weeks later the same people are running off to get tattoo's....

Bellamy anyone?

So how about we support him when if he arrives not bury him before he's put a shirt on.

If Mancini thinks its good business and maybe opens the door for him spending more on another target then so be it.

Johnny_on said:
The truth is we ALL don't know how he'll fit in......Mancini included.....

The amount of players i'e seen slagged off on here before they arrive (for ability or character) then two weeks later the same people are running off to get tattoo's....

Bellamy anyone?

So how about we support him when if he arrives not bury him before he's put a shirt on.

If Mancini thinks its good business and maybe opens the door for him spending more on another target then so be it.

True, if he joins. However I hope its all bullshit.
Oh and lets not slag our own players off calling them piss heads with bad attitudes and that our manager doesnt like him, how ss is better than AJ. Now that is funny dissing your own player on a rumour of signing an average/good player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.