Scottish Football Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Dundee FC the weather in Dundee is to blame and not the football club…

View attachment 113621
That's laughable. Yes; Scotland isn't in the Indian Ocean. Believe me; I empathise with anywhere that suffers shitty weather. Anyone who's holidayed in the west of Ireland will know what I'm talking about. But that post clearly proves it's not down to the weather. The two Dundee grounds are less than 200 yards apart. Unless the Hierarchy at Dens Park reckon they have their own micro climate.

1000013946.jpg

Think there’s a fair slope on the hill between those grounds, so one would expect Dundee United’s ground and the allotments behind to collect more of the natural water.

That's laughable. Yes; Scotland isn't in the Indian Ocean. Believe me; I empathise with anywhere that suffers shitty weather. Anyone who's holidayed in the west of Ireland will know what I'm talking about. But that post clearly proves it's not down to the weather. The two Dundee grounds are less than 200 yards apart. Unless the Hierarchy at Dens Park reckon they have their own micro climate.

View attachment 114123
Just to make it more laughable Dundee is recognised as the driest place in Scotland: ))

Their ground
According to Dundee FC the weather in Dundee is to blame and not the football club…

View attachment 113621
Their ground is downhill from Tannadice. The water table under their ground is nearer the surface. They do need to invest to sort that, but a few million quid would probably be needed and they obviously don’t have that.

Places are flooding all over the country.

Quick question for our Caledonian brethren on here; does Kris (hipster spelling?) Boyd have shares in Sky? You can nearly guarantee, he'll be on pundit duty, even when Rangers aren't on. Do they not have anyone else with Ibrox connections they can call on?

Eilidh looking very well today, by the way. Just saying, like.

Their ground

Their ground is downhill from Tannadice. The water table under their ground is nearer the surface. They do need to invest to sort that, but a few million quid would probably be needed and they obviously don’t have that.

Lottery funding? It seems to be available for all sorts of strange projects. Why not this?

!
Their ground

That is why I'm given them some leeway.
Rain has been horrendous this year.
Even the Etihad has started to show signs of damage.

!
That is why I'm given them some leeway.
Rain has been horrendous this year.
Even the Etihad has started to show signs of damage.
Rains more in Manchester and if being generous on a par

Tannadice doesn’t flood.

They sacked their grounds man and haven’t replaced them

They were loaned covers and removed them when they knew there was heavy rain forecast

Motherwell have spent in excess of a million on improving their playing surface

No other game in the UK was postponed the day of the original game

They refused to play on the first available date.

If there's a sniper anywhere near "The Global Energy Stadium", please do us all a favour and shoot the ****(s) with the drum(s). I'd rather listen to a couple of verses of "The Sash" than that racket. The fuckers don't even have any rhythm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.