Scottish Football Thread - 2023/24

I'm not sure the law says it's a penalty to begin with. I don't follow the line of "making the body unnaturally bigger" when he's literally falling backwards. It's just one of those things, unlucky on Sterling or whoever the Rangers boy was but stuff like that has happened before and will happen again. Not arguing with you btw, just making the point, I don't think the law dictates it has to be a penalty just because the ball happened to be going in.

From IFAB itself:

A handball offence is when a player (except the goalkeeper in their own penalty area):

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm (No)
  • touches the ball with their hand/arm when it is in a position that makes their body unnaturally bigger and when that position is not the result of their body moving fairly as part of play (imo No, it made his body bigger but not unnaturally in the course of his movement)
  • scores a goal against the other team with their hand/arm or scores immediately after the ball touches their hand/arm (even if the touch was accidental) (N/A).

Happy Sir Albert Kidd Day folks. Have a good one.
Screenshot_20240505-150421_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9922444687facf70c4a00d3e0fd9b394.jpg

You have to feel for St Mirren. If Var had done its job they would be coasting to 4th place!

McGlynn manager of the year

Shankland player of the year

Watson young player of the year

Hard to argue with any of those awards.

You literally couldn’t make this fuckung crackpot up!!

The week it comes out his team have benefited from more VAR decisions than any other in Scotland he’s greeting about VAR : ))))

Rangers have had more incorrect VAR decisions given against them than any other team in Scotland. Self awareness is certainly not one of Ayrshire Blues strengths

First one would have been harsh but it’s more a penalty than the TWO Killie have been wrongly awarded against Rangers this season

The actual penalty Rangers get is a stonewaller and straight Red. Wtf else can it be when you save a goal bound effort?

Anyway poor officiating aside how utterly dreadful are Rangers? No ideas , no width, no flair, nothing! Thank God I’m watching this at home in peace. Can see the crowd turning nasty if this stays like this. Not worth getting overly upset about it

And we score. Whoopeedoo
There was the exact same type of handball against us, where our player shot, it hit the defenders arm from further away. No penalty. That was a decision they didn’t give it consideration as wrong. Yet, you got one and a guy sent off. Similarly with Yangs boot. One of your players is photographed in the same position, not even a booking. We laughed our arses off, and still are, that they have deigned to say you have suffered most. You’re still shit though. And will be second. Us being well below our standard for most of the season shouid he a worry for you. No doubt it won’t be taken that way, as we all know that every new player will be heralded by you and the Daily Ranger, as you both did last year as the arrivals of the messiahs. We will not go as cheap as often this summer. Even our board of useless shitebags must know that.

There was the exact same type of handball against us, where our player shot, it hit the defenders arm from further away. No penalty. That was a decision they didn’t give it consideration as wrong. Yet, you got one and a guy sent off. Similarly with Yangs boot. One of your players is photographed in the same position, not even a booking. We laughed our arses off, and still are, that they have deigned to say you have suffered most. You’re still shit though. And will be second. Us being well below our standard for most of the season shouid he a worry for you. No doubt it won’t be taken that way, as we all know that every new player will be heralded by you and the Daily Ranger, as you both did last year as the arrivals of the messiahs. We will not go as cheap as often this summer. Even our board of useless shitebags must know that.
Surely you’re not claiming that it wasn’t a penalty? Surely youre not saying it wasn’t a red card?

That would be ridiculous. I can’t remember the handball you mentioned but do remember the Johnstone incident against Killie that IMO was a penalty and Red card although not as clear cut as yesterday’s

We need referees to be better. Just one small incident from yesterday. Killie player runs into referee and ref stops game . Why?????? He’s part of the field of play and play has to continue with Rangers in possession! Not only does he wrongly stop play he gives Killie possession!! That’s just wrong and referees at the top level should know this.

Interesting point about defenders being unlucky regarding handball rule. If the ball hadn’t gone in the net from Tav he would have been off and Killie penalty even though he’s trying to get handout the way of ball. Defenders are treading a fine line every time there’s a shot on goal / cross.

As pointed out above. If VAR had done its job over the season St Mirren would comfortably be 4th position.

And where did I claim our signings would be superstars? You’ve obviously forgotten my thoughts on Mick Beale!!!!!! Long before it went wrong I’d had him as a charlatan (being polite)! Should never have been near Rangers at any level!!

Surely you’re not claiming that it wasn’t a penalty? Surely youre not saying it wasn’t a red card?

That would be ridiculous. I can’t remember the handball you mentioned but do remember the Johnstone incident against Killie that IMO was a penalty and Red card although not as clear cut as yesterday’s

We need referees to be better. Just one small incident from yesterday. Killie player runs into referee and ref stops game . Why?????? He’s part of the field of play and play has to continue with Rangers in possession! Not only does he wrongly stop play he gives Killie possession!! That’s just wrong and referees at the top level should know this.

Interesting point about defenders being unlucky regarding handball rule. If the ball hadn’t gone in the net from Tav he would have been off and Killie penalty even though he’s trying to get handout the way of ball. Defenders are treading a fine line every time there’s a shot on goal / cross.

As pointed out above. If VAR had done its job over the season St Mirren would comfortably be 4th position.
Not at all. Under the rules it is. My question is why do you get them and we don’t?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.