Scottish Football Thread | 2024/25

Oor Wullie is going to have sometime explaining away certain decisions this month.

Just watching the build up to the Rangers vs Hibs game. And they're doing a piece on the history of the ground. And the club historian has the surname "Mason". It raised a smile when I saw it.

Got to be a penalty to Hibs, red card as well surely?
They probably classed it as a genuine attempt to play the ball. Aye; with his elbow. There was even a noticeable move of his elbow towards the ball. Even the most Ardent Rangers fan on here couldn't have complained if Souttar had got his walking papers there.

We got a goal dissallowed for their defender running into ours. VAR very particular seeing it in reverse. Seems it’s a different version if you play in Blue. Fucking cheating cunts. No way can the bears in the VAR room not see that. Nothing to see.

Attachments

• 1d024d54-7aa4-4909-a5cd-73a315dc12a5.jpeg
    1d024d54-7aa4-4909-a5cd-73a315dc12a5.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 4
I hope to God the Dundee United 100th minute penalty is a stonewaller lol

I haven't seen it back, but my immediate reaction was that it was VERY soft.

Blown away by how we managed to throw away 2 points yesterday. Battered Dundee United that second half until our goalkeeper - who was otherwise excellent - made a powder puff effort at keeping out a 20 yard daisy cutter. So weak at such an important time of the game. From then on the momentum changed, partly because of how United reacted and partly because we went into full blown retreat mode. 11 players in the box defending corner after corner, unable to get out because we didn't have any out ball.

Infuriating. All the more so because David Watson scored a world class goal, it deserved to be part of a winning performance.

We got a goal dissallowed for their defender running into ours. VAR very particular seeing it in reverse. Seems it’s a different version if you play in Blue. Fucking cheating cunts. No way can the bears in the VAR room not see that. Nothing to see.
Not sure what I am supposed to be defending here. Bit mental posting a pic with it claiming Butlands of his line when he’s clearly got a foot on the line : ))))))

Obviously just back in but my original thought was a Penalty. I’ll need to see it again. Thought there was a shocker of a challenge that could have been a Red for a Hibs player but sometimes these challenges appear worse at the game.

Glad we won as I am desperately trying not to have a go at referees but Walsh was fucking shocking today!! Not biased just fucking shocking. As poor a game as I can remember him having.

Game of two halves. Thought we were doing fine first half and well worth the 1-0 lead. Looked comfortable and looking forward to adding a couple more in the second half. Nice easy routine win. Fuck me that second half was a hard watch!! Easy to blame Europe, easy to say Rangers were poor but I thought Hibs were excellent in the second half. I can’t remember a Scottish team creating so much. They completely controlled the midfield. Created panic in our back line from set pieces and throw ins. Was vital we got the three points but Hibs were very unlucky not to take a point as we hung on at the end

I haven't seen it back, but my immediate reaction was that it was VERY soft.

Blown away by how we managed to throw away 2 points yesterday. Battered Dundee United that second half until our goalkeeper - who was otherwise excellent - made a powder puff effort at keeping out a 20 yard daisy cutter. So weak at such an important time of the game. From then on the momentum changed, partly because of how United reacted and partly because we went into full blown retreat mode. 11 players in the box defending corner after corner, unable to get out because we didn't have any out ball.

Infuriating. All the more so because David Watson scored a world class goal, it deserved to be part of a winning performance.
You’ll maybe say No penalty and I’d say the pictures are inconclusive. What I think we will agree on is the referee is guessing and that’s a no no for me. They can only give what they see and should not be guessing and certainly not guessing in the 98th minute. If he doesn’t give it I don’t see VAR over ruling him

The decision to award Killie a free kick at Uniteds second is just bizarre as it’s a great challenge from United attacker. Keepers badly at fault but there looked like a United player offside right in front of him but not picked up by BBC

Also the no offside decision for Killies third is questionable to say the least. BBC froze it and looks offside with a thick blue line on the screen that still has it looking off. That said I’m all for forwards getting benefit of the doubt

Tanners Red card for St Mirren is just laughable and can’t appeal as it’s a second yellow

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.