Scum Hunter Shoots Cecil the Lion

Go on then, leave the guns and have a go at cecil or his likes
Who needs a gun when you've got one of these.
MQ-1_Predator_unmanned_aircraft.jpg

Even with a rifle there's a good chance anything you try to shoot will get away or, in a large predator's case, will attack (or even a larger prey animal such as a rhino or elephant). Even with some of the local predators in this part of the world such as foxes it's not as cut and dried an outcome as some would have you believe. Plus Andy has just made a very good point in the post above yours.

Unless you're a trained marksman using a high powered scoped rifle there's a huge degree of risk and uncertainty involved. The Lion's prey has as much of a chance.

Oh and I've never hunted lions before anyone asks.

Hunting endangered animals seems like a great way of informing the world that you have a tiny nob.

Even with a rifle there's a good chance anything you try to shoot will get away or, in a large predator's case, will attack (or even a larger prey animal such as a rhino or elephant). Even with some of the local predators in this part of the world such as foxes it's not as cut and dried an outcome as some would have you believe. Plus Andy has just made a very good point in the post above yours.

Unless you're a trained marksman using a high powered scoped rifle there's a huge degree of risk and uncertainty involved. The Lion's prey has as much of a chance.

Oh and I've never hunted lions before anyone asks.

maybe so, but in this case and many others the lions, elephants have been just stood there and have no chance. The guy that killed cecil was with a trained hunter swell. add in i think prey has more of a chance as it can defend itself i.e. a buffalo using its horns or can run away. I would guess if someone fired a rifle from not far away or a lion chased you you'd have a better chance with the lion because the speed of the bullet and accuracy of the gun. I'm not saying everyones accurate btw but most of these people are trained are used to using guns

maybe so, but in this case and many others the lions, elephants have been just stood there and have no chance. The guy that killed cecil was with a trained hunter swell. add in i think prey has more of a chance as it can defend itself i.e. a buffalo using its horns or can run away. I would guess if someone fired a rifle from not far away or a lion chased you you'd have a better chance with the lion because the speed of the bullet and accuracy of the gun. I'm not saying everyones accurate btw but most of these people are trained are used to using guns

Haha from what I've been told if you fire at a bull elephant and don't get it spot on you're a dead man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.