Season 2012/13

Our biggest problem is that there are question marks over whether all 4 of our strikers will still be here next season.

The biggest priority is to make sure that if we are going to lose any of them that they are moved on quickly and replacements brought in by mid July at the latest

should bring in 2 wingers just for another option to change things up during a game. Dzeko and possibly Tevez may leave so a striker will be needed. I predict 4 or 5 signings myself depending on who leaves, there's always one or two surprises, If we win the league im sure Champions League success will be next years goal so I would be thinking players with lots of Champions League pedigree

The cookie monster said:
Damocles said:
Bale, Xavi and Cavani.

We're fine at CB
Need some better cover maybe?

Yeah, but you don't spend 30m on cover at centre back because a partnership can only be created through gametime. I'm happy with Lescott and Kompany and they compliment each other well.

Backup wise we have Savic, who is probably our version of Johnny Evans;crap at times, wonderful at others, and we have Dedryck Boyata returning who worked extremely well with Kompany last year. I imagine Kolo is probably off but we don't NEED a centre back so buying one that would stifle our youngsters seems silly.

I have the same argument for Guidetti if Dzeko goes.

OUT: De Jong, Kolo, Kolarov + Dzeko, Tevez, Johnson...if we get decent offers. Possibly Savic.

Need: 1-2 young midfielders. De Jong is too one dimensional and doesn't suit the tactics. Milner not good enough to be a starter. And Barry is getting older and shouldn't start every game. Striker if both Tevez and Dzeko leave. 1-2 defenders.

Attacking midfielder/winger, like Hazard. Thats it.

Damocles said:
The cookie monster said:
Damocles said:
Bale, Xavi and Cavani.

We're fine at CB
Need some better cover maybe?

Yeah, but you don't spend 30m on cover at centre back because a partnership can only be created through gametime. I'm happy with Lescott and Kompany and they compliment each other well.

Backup wise we have Savic, who is probably our version of Johnny Evans;crap at times, wonderful at others, and we have Dedryck Boyata returning who worked extremely well with Kompany last year. I imagine Kolo is probably off but we don't NEED a centre back so buying one that would stifle our youngsters seems silly.

I have the same argument for Guidetti if Dzeko goes.
Fair enough...I still think savic will turn out to be decent and we should keep him..

Would just be even happier with 1 more top cb,i know where your coming from though regarding paying shitloads for someone who is going to purely be cover.....

My personal wishes would be to have Boyata replace Kolo, and for Guidetti to replace Dzeko. Shows we actually do give some youth a chance.

Also, for a decent winger, I really think we should go for Hoilett, who I believe is out of contract in the summer. Would be a bargain on a free!

All we really need to do is replace the leaving.

It's fair to say Kolo is probably leaving/is getting on with age but with Boyata coming back I think that's decent enough cover.

Tevez is almost certain to leave so would like to see someone replace him in the shape of Lavezzi. Lavezzi can also play on the wing/out wider. Something we've tried with Balotelli and not been all too successful with.

Is Dzeko goes then I'd be happy with Guidetti to replace him.

Barry is aging, and De Jong is too defensive for an offensive strategy in certain games. For me I think we need a player very similar to Yaya Toure. A player who can march forward with the ball, but also stay back and tackle/defend. I'm not wise enough on the players on offer at the moment to comment who that would be but a player like Schweinsteiger would be perfect. (Yes I know the chances of signing him are minuscule, just comparing)

Finally Johnson hasn't cut the mustard recently, and I'm not sure he's likely to get any better, although I'll leave that to bobby's judgement. We need a player like Hazard to replace Johnno.

Summery:

Kolo OUT - Boyata IN
Midfielders TAKE MORE OF A BACK SEAT - New Barry esque midfielder IN
Tevez OUT - Lavezzi IN
Dzeko OUT - Guidetti IN
Johnson OUT - Hazard IN

Then release the unwanted loanees etc.

In: 3 purchases = ~70mil (assuming we pay top end for all players i.e rich owner tax etc)

Out;
Tevez,
Dzeko,
Johnson,
Ade,
Bridge,
RSC,
Weiss
Total = ~65-70mil (Assuming we take cut prices on all players)

Who knows though! haha

Out: Dzeko, Johnson, Tevez, Kolo, Kolarov, and De Jong.

Decent winger/s for a start. I'd take Hazard, Di Maria or a Muniain in a flash. Up front, I'd bring Guidetti back and buy in another striker. Cavani, RVP, Falcao. Either will do. Also beefing up CB seems logical. After the trouble we had with suspensions/injuries at the back, and not having adequate cover, it would make sense to buy another CB in.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Damocles said:
Bale, Xavi and Cavani.

We're fine at CB
Not really what happened when kompany got suspended in jan, toure and savic are not good enough.

Kolo could do another season, think the most changes
Would be upfront, tevez, balo, dzeko prob going.
That leaves aguero so need 3 more ,
Lavezzi, cavani , Sturridge (as don't think guidetti is up to it )
He plays in the Dutch league which is prob on a par
With Scotland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.