Season card nightmare..... HELP!!

Whilst the lad will be upset, I think people are being a bit over critical in City's role in this.

Firstly, the buck stops at the brother. He is the one responsible because he tried to defraud the club by allowing an adult to use the lads card. If I can play devil's advocate, how do the club know that he won't do the same again? OR, how do the club know that he won't sell the card for a grand or something? He's been dishonest once, he can easily do it again.

Sure, the little lad angle is possibly a public interest sob story, but the press won't just print a story to try and shame the club into re activating the ticket, they'll want to know why and if they think that it's someone's own fault, then why should they print such a story? Just because you "Go to the press" doesn't mean it will be published.

Sadly we are in a blame culture in this country and it's everyone else's fault but our own. The guy should tell the lad he can't go because he was misusing his card and he's very sorry but he'll make it up to him somehow. If he hasn't got the guts to do that, why should the club bail him out?

Also, this guy getting kicked out for smoking when he doesn't smoke? Sounds a bit like someone saying they were done for speeding for doing 31mph in a 30. Doesn't happen. Likelihood is they were doing over 37 but don't want to admit it. You can tell immediately on someone's breath if they've been smoking so all a steward needs to do is talk to them and they know.

Sorry but brother is responsible. The lad isn't the first one who's had to pay for the idiotic actions of someone who should be responsible and know better, and he certainly won't be the last.

Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:
Whilst the lad will be upset, I think people are being a bit over critical in City's role in this.

Firstly, the buck stops at the brother. He is the one responsible because he tried to defraud the club by allowing an adult to use the lads card. If I can play devil's advocate, how do the club know that he won't do the same again? OR, how do the club know that he won't sell the card for a grand or something? He's been dishonest once, he can easily do it again.

Sure, the little lad angle is possibly a public interest sob story, but the press won't just print a story to try and shame the club into re activating the ticket, they'll want to know why and if they think that it's someone's own fault, then why should they print such a story? Just because you "Go to the press" doesn't mean it will be published.

Sadly we are in a blame culture in this country and it's everyone else's fault but our own. The guy should tell the lad he can't go because he was misusing his card and he's very sorry but he'll make it up to him somehow. If he hasn't got the guts to do that, why should the club bail him out?

Also, this guy getting kicked out for smoking when he doesn't smoke? Sounds a bit like someone saying they were done for speeding for doing 31mph in a 30. Doesn't happen. Likelihood is they were doing over 37 but don't want to admit it. You can tell immediately on someone's breath if they've been smoking so all a steward needs to do is talk to them and they know.

Sorry but brother is responsible. The lad isn't the first one who's had to pay for the idiotic actions of someone who should be responsible and know better, and he certainly won't be the last.

This is the sort of mindset that allows these people to get away with the guilty until proven innocent and throw them out if you think they may have done something and not if you KNOW they've done something wrong. My mate's breath didn't smell of smoke, he asked them to smell his breath, he didn't have any cigs on him as he asked them to check for them. IMO they'd realised at this point they'd got the wrong man and took the shithouses way out and carried on regardless.
When people get thrown out for smoking they get an automatic 3 match ban if they admit to it and grovel to the ego of Fletcher. My mate would not accept he did anything wrong and therefore missed 6/7 home games including a Manchester derby, after they realised he wouldn't admit to it they also took the shithouses way out and would not answer any of his correspondence. He eventually was allowed back in after he sent a doctors signed letter proving that he didn't smoke, they backed down but stated that they didn't accept the letter as proof, probably so they couldn't admit to being wrong. So believe me it does fuckin' happen!!!

Yes, the card is the property of the club. Your debit card is the property of the bank but it's Your Money, just like they've paid for the kid to attend the match, reserve his space and give city the money in advance to make interest on. You've breached the terms of use of the SC but I reckon you've got the right for a pro rata refund for the remaining games.

Sadly got to agree with FLBC. The rule is so people don't misuse the cards. Some fool tried it on and got caught. The club wont do anything about it. I feel for the lad but his brother has fucked him over.

I have a lot of sympathy with the young lad but this isn't the clubs fault. The older brother is totally to blame. It takes two minutes to upgrade a junior ticket on the phone but he took a chance and it has backfired big time. Even if you go to the press the club are hardly going to back down as it gives everyone the green light to use junior tickets for adults. Reckon you will have to put this one down to experience and the older brother has got some serious grovelling to do

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.