Season Dilemma

Sorry caveman. Didn't see your earlier post (than mine). Looks like you beat me by nine minutes. Great minds think alike, hey ?<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:10 pm --<br /><br />Sorry caveman. Didn't see your earlier post (than mine). Looks like you beat me by nine minutes. Great minds think alike, hey ?

If the rags beat Chelski, winning the FA Cup has got to be the choice for me. Dont get me wrong, the CL is the big one and we have to be in that mix every season from now on.. But..... Call me old fashioned but beating the rag scum in the semi again and stopping them doing the double is to much of a lure from the CL.. I hate em that much!!!!

Call me oldfashioned but i allways thought success was what is in the honours list,not what comp you take part in.fa cup every time for me!!!!!!
PS ask arsenal fans which they would have!!

We will get the champions league football place so I wont worry about that. Saying that if we do miss out then I cant see Mancini having any chance of holding onto his job. Simple really. IF we just go out to win every game we play in then we will be sorted for champions league football. I have never known a season as bad for injuries wise to players that were key for us winning the title last season this season. I think we need to just get back to basics. A change may well be a good thing but I honestly think Mancini deserves 1 more crack at the champions league if he fails again in the champions league I just cant see him holding onto his job. So for me next season is the biggest season for Mancini. He really needs to get his act together and not try and play 3 at the back any more and just stick with a flat back 4 from the start of the season on.

I think we will win the FA Cup think Chelsea will beat the Rags and we will beat Chelsea and lift the cup again.

tidyman said:
This thread has depressed me.

People would really rather finish a couple of places higher up the league than win a major trophy just so you get entry into another competition that we're highly unlikely to win anyway?

I can remember having a sort of similar conversation sometime in the late 80's and we all agreed we would settle for City winning the FA Cup and going bust the next day.

Now we'd give it up for the sake of moving up a few places in the worlds richest clubs list.

If we want keep seeing world class players in our squad there is no other option than to play every year in the champions league. With out squad and the resources i am afraid champions league is the minimum from now on.

And who's to say that we wont win the CL in the near Future ?

adorado30 said:
tidyman said:
This thread has depressed me.

People would really rather finish a couple of places higher up the league than win a major trophy just so you get entry into another competition that we're highly unlikely to win anyway?

I can remember having a sort of similar conversation sometime in the late 80's and we all agreed we would settle for City winning the FA Cup and going bust the next day.

Now we'd give it up for the sake of moving up a few places in the worlds richest clubs list.

If we want keep seeing world class players in our squad there is no other option than to play every year in the champions league. With out squad and the resources i am afraid champions league is the minimum from now on.

And who's to say that we wont win the CL in the near Future ?

I always wanted to see the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich come to City for a competitive match. Bring on AC Milan and Barcelona next season! The FA Cup may be the oldest Cup competition in the world but the Champions League usurps it now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.