Season ticket prices 2016/17

Ric

Administrator
Good to see Everton announcing a reduction on all season tickets next season.

Really hope City follow suit. With the additional TV and commercial revenue, it would be a great gesture to the fans and, dare I say, good PR for the club.

We still have a predominantly working class fan base, and with uncertain economic times ahead, further increases would be pretty unpalatable.

Hope the club are sensible about this and make the right decision.

They will freeze the prices at best as a token gesture before more hikes for 17/18. This seasons increase was one too many for me after 20 odd years of going. Individual match day prices are a disgrace but the club are out to bleed it's fans for as much as they can get.

Further increases would be disgraceful Ric, let's not beat around the bush.

I think we should be voicing our displeasure about ticket prices more IMO, like LoveCity said, we don't have a voice anymore and the club know there'll be no opposition - people will just fall away quietly to be replaced by more and more football tourists every year.

I think we could all do more. And to be honest mate, I think with your profile and the platform you have with the club, you could do a lot more.

With Pep arriving the powers that be will not miss the opportunity to raise prices yet again.
They will throw in a few gimmick prices for a few seats for publicity reasons but overall
the prices will continue to increase.

They'll go up by about 5%? Like they normally do.
Our matchday revenue is around £50m and probably at least half of that comes from hospitality/premium seats. So putting up normal season tickets by 5% would bring in about £1m or so. Next season we'll be getting about £50m extra from the new domestic TV deal, on top of the probable additional £20m we'll get from UEFA for the CL.

The rise in ticket prices was, I suspect, less about revenue generation than seeing what the market would stand, in the same way the Glazers did at the swamp. I suspect we've got to the point where there is a slight excess of supply over demand (apart from a handful of games) so there is NO excuse for any increase, either on a financial or economic basis. But I don't trust Soriano any further than I can throw him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.