Season ticket prices 2016/17

Being lucky enough to still be a minor, my ticket is usually about 100 quid maybe slightly more. Dirt cheap for kids, fucking exensive for the rest.

Our matchday revenue is around £50m and probably at least half of that comes from hospitality/premium seats. So putting up normal season tickets by 5% would bring in about £1m or so. Next season we'll be getting about £50m extra from the new domestic TV deal, on top of the probable additional £20m we'll get from UEFA for the CL.

The rise in ticket prices was, I suspect, less about revenue generation than seeing what the market would stand, in the same way the Glazers did at the swamp. I suspect we've got to the point where there is a slight excess of supply over demand (apart from a handful of games) so there is NO excuse for any increase, either on a financial or economic basis. But I don't trust Soriano any further than I can throw him.
Why not? Hes doing his job really well.

I have distanced myself from any of this ticket price increase and tend not to let it wind me up.

I did this by moving seats and pay £380 for my seat in the south stand

but it obvious to all with the many empty seats we have that demand at the prices we charge is dwindling

tomorrow I see many more empty seats than normal.

On the bus I organise we usually have 65. Tomorrow we down to 40

I reached my limit last June, to be honest I was 50/50 at the time. I’m still in the same seat I was from the seated Kippax. Great seat, apart from when it rains, when it’s a shit seat (the only reason the front dozen or so rows of the East Stand lower aren’t corporate already).

I reluctantly renewed as I still go with my Dad, who won’t miss a game (almost 70 and not slowing down where it comes to following City). I’ve had a season ticket since I was 7 in 1979 and I’ve been pushed as far as I can be.

Before the £299 brigade turn up, what am I supposed to do, sit away from my Dad? It’s the match day experience. I may as well not go and just drop him off before the game / pick him up afterwards.

We all know the cost of living has gone up far more than wages (which have gone backwards by comparison the last 2-6 years) so anything other than a reduction and I’m over my tipping point. Where that leaves my Dad I’m not sure, but spending an increasing percentage of my income on football is getting ridiculous.

If they go up again then goodbye from me. Nice while it lasted (for 29 years). Someone else can take my place. This was always going to happen. Supply and demand I suppose. I can't afford the supply

I think we could all do more. And to be honest mate, I think with your profile and the platform you have with the club, you could do a lot more.

Ha, you underestimate me.

I've actually organised a mass walk out before the final whistle tomorrow, just you watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.