Season ticket prices 81/82 season

I was H Outer in those days - or H Right as it became at the top of the Main Stand towards the Platt Lane side. Graduated to a Platt Lane season ticket for 83/84 and finally a Kippax one for 84/85 as at age 14 was deemed old enough to Stand by my Dad.

Attachments

• 34997934-0078-4D9C-8332-78AD66F07D33.png
    34997934-0078-4D9C-8332-78AD66F07D33.png
    940.3 KB · Views: 9
Just put junior Kippax ( £9 ) into an inflation calculator up to end of this year. It is now worth £39.60.
We were in the top division, and a couple of seasons before, we got to QF of League cup two seasons running and QF of the UEFA Cup, so it wasn't down with the dead men. Why then do kids pay hundreds a season to watch football matches ?
Inflation has already been accounted for to get to £39.60. Jimmy Hill is the reason. A footballer should be on a liveable wage, but more than a Surgeon, Barrister, Firefighter etc ?
You're talking absolute nonsense, millions & millions play football, these are the elite, hence the huge wages...just like actors & singers.

£36 with the discount for my seat in S block North Stand, interestingly that had gone up almost 300% from my first
S/T in 1972/73 season, which was £13 (adult). Mind you, those 8 years did have double-digit inflation most of the time.

Always got the May discount. Crazy not to. I think the club liked (needed) to have the money in their account, accumulating interest, rather than languishing in mine.
Wasn't the discount linked to the notion that we hadn't a fuckin' clue what division we'd be playing in? Prices went back to normal when we'd staved off relegation.

Wasn't the discount linked to the notion that we hadn't a fuckin' clue what division we'd be playing in? Prices went back to normal when we'd staved off relegation.

Yeah, I seem to remember being asked to pay in March for the following season, at some point in the 80s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.