Season Tickets 2018-19 - 3% average increase reported

Have spurs not got a waiting list of 30 to 40 thousand.

Apparently so, but it's one thing joining a waiting list which is either free or a nominal cost, and quite another to be offered a ST at circa £1000. That said, I agree with others insofar as I don't think Spurs will have any problems initially in selling all their season tickets for the new stadium and regardless of results on the pitch it should be like that for a few years. However, if this current Spurs side has hit it's ceiling and things start to unravel with poorer results on the pitch, some of their fans will get disillusioned and that will lead to season tickets being jacked in. Look at Arsenal now - not so long ago they were maxed out with ST sales with a large waiting list, and while they still sell out their season tickets AFAIK, there have been instances this season of no shows for certain games amounting to tens of thousands.

So people keep saying but that 10% income is still the difference between loss and profit or passing and failing FFP. I know last year was an unusual accounting year but eve a 10% reduction in ticket prices would have meant a £4mill loss instead of £1mill profit

And could that £4m loss not be written off in cost-saving measures or new revenue streams? A couple of changes around the club could affect 35k ST holders even by £50-£100 a season.

So people keep saying but that 10% income is still the difference between loss and profit or passing and failing FFP. I know last year was an unusual accounting year but eve a 10% reduction in ticket prices would have meant a £4mill loss instead of £1mill profit
Not so. First of all, we can add back about £30m of allowable expenses for FFP plus are allowed a loss of €30m over 3 years so we could make a £35m loss and still pass FFP.
Secondly ticket revenue is split about 50/50 between corporate and standard tickets so reducing standard tickets by 10% might cost £2.5m in revenue. And they could increase the £299/£330 season tickets to £350/£399 to offset some of that.

But increasing prices may have cost money as well. My S/T went up £25 this season so I stopped going to CL games and watched them on the TV. That's probably lost the club over £100 that I would have paid had I been on the CL scheme. Might think about the Liverpool game but won't be paying £50 for my own seat. I'll go in SS1 for £40 instead. Took myself off both the domestic schemes as well so I could pick and choose which games I wanted to go to (although I went to all the 3 home cup games in the end). I know quite a few people who cancelled Platinum, which cost the club £50 per person.

If they reduced prices I'd probably go back on all the cup schemes, which would actually increase overall revenue to the club.

And could that £4m loss not be written off in cost-saving measures or new revenue streams? A couple of changes around the club could affect 35k ST holders even by £50-£100 a season.
No idea I'm not an accountant but I do know it means the 40-50 million 10% income isn't 'nothing' in the grand scheme of things and until we get those new revenue streams or cost-saving it still forms a very important part of our turnover.
Look I see to reason at all for any increases, but I also see based on last years accounts there isn't a great deal of room to cut prices by much more than a few % either.

Not so. First of all, we can add back about £30m of allowable expenses for FFP plus are allowed a loss of €30m over 3 years so we could make a £35m loss and still pass FFP.
Secondly ticket revenue is split about 50/50 between corporate and standard tickets so reducing standard tickets by 10% might cost £2.5m in revenue. And they could increase the £299/£330 season tickets to £350/£399 to offset some of that.

But increasing prices may have cost money as well. My S/T went up £25 this season so I stopped going to CL games and watched them on the TV. That's probably lost the club over £100 that I would have paid had I been on the CL scheme. Might think about the Liverpool game but won't be paying £50 for my own seat. I'll go in SS1 for £40 instead. Took myself off both the domestic schemes as well so I could pick and choose which games I wanted to go to (although I went to all the 3 home cup games in the end). I know quite a few people who cancelled Platinum, which cost the club £50 per person.

If they reduced prices I'd probably go back on all the cup schemes, which would actually increase overall revenue to the club.
Yes I have no argument with what your saying, I don't know enough about the figures. What I do take issue with is when some say the tickets only account for 10% of turnover and is negligible so the club can make big cuts in ticket prices. Hopefully down the line new deals will make that true.

Guess we will all have to wait and see as to what the new ticket cost will be for the ST. My hope is that they will freeze them for the next season. They should really start to think about increasing the capacity of the stadium, then keep on increasing the cost of the tickets.

Hey all. My last season ticket was several years ago when i was studying in Manchester. Ever since moving to London I manage to get to around 8 home games a year and most of the London away games where i can get tickets. I have a few questions..

Im thinking of getting a season card for next season (if there isnt a waiting list now) and was wondering if it will be worth it. Are there any st's available for the £600 mark? Dont want to be too high up or too low down. How does the cup scheme work now? Used to be separate to the normal premier league season card. Not much info on the site, but im assuming its too early. I will not be going to midweek games due to work.

Also, will the points on my cityzens card be transferred to the season card? All a bit complicated!

For the games i dont go to, im assuming i can just get tickets and sell them / give them to fellow blues on the various exchange sites.

Just wondering if its worth it for me to get a st financially speaking and to avoid scrambling around looking for tickets for the derby etc.

EDIT: Spoke to supporter services and they said there is no waiting list right now. Theyre changing the whole system of allocating season cards. We will find out more in May. If im a cityzens member for a few years i will have a better chance and cityzen members will get an opportunity. Not sure how that would work and who would get priority! Thats all he could say.. very cryptic! Anyone know what this new system will be for season card applications?!

Dopn't see any changes in SC prices coming next season. Would imagine ideally the club would like to increase. It's easier to increase on the back of a good season.

Seems like 21-25 age groups want the top price seats for next to nothing.
I pay 10 payments of £39 for my seat.
If you are an adult and cannot afford that find another pastime.
Not even a tenner a week.

do we ?. brilliant for you that you can afford that, but there are plenty of people that can't and even at a tenner a week it still adds up to a lot. if it was so affordable and cheap why are there barely young adults going to city matches and premier league games in general ?. why is it that in pretty much every survey done -affordability is one of the top issues for people of that age group. for instance this one done by the bbc http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41901398

"four in five (82%) said the cost of tickets was an obstacle to them going to more matches."

i assume you go to matches regularly ? can you not see at the ground. the fa cup games were full of younger people - teenagers/ young adults and in the premier league games its the complete opposite. i think its a major issue in football right now and making it a little bit more affordable ( not free) could help that. "If you are an adult and cannot afford that find another pastime." - are you applying to all the long standing city fans who have been priced out ? basically if you can't afford it fuck off .....

do you not just think in general it would be better to get more young people watching live football ?

do we ?. brilliant for you that you can afford that, but there are plenty of people that can't and even at a tenner a week it still adds up to a lot. if it was so affordable and cheap why are there barely young adults going to city matches and premier league games in general ?. why is it that in pretty much every survey done -affordability is one of the top issues for people of that age group. for instance this one done by the bbc http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41901398

"four in five (82%) said the cost of tickets was an obstacle to them going to more matches."

i assume you go to matches regularly ? can you not see at the ground. the fa cup games were full of younger people - teenagers/ young adults and in the premier league games its the complete opposite. i think its a major issue in football right now and making it a little bit more affordable ( not free) could help that. "If you are an adult and cannot afford that find another pastime." - are you applying to all the long standing city fans who have been priced out ? basically if you can't afford it fuck off .....

do you not just think in general it would be better to get more young people watching live football ?

Couple of things in your post
Re the four in five. That'll be football fans from all over the country, not just City supporters. £10 a week is less than three pints of beer and I would suggest £390 (£20.50 a home game) is almost the same cost as a season card when we first moved to the Etihad sixteen years ago

To address the point of young people attending in groups, I would suggest this is because they can't get seats together with "mates"
At Maine Road in the Kippax (pre seating) you could stand anywhere in a group

As a matter of interest, have you done that BBC calculator?
For City it gives the cheapest season card at £299 then it adds in stuff like sports subscription TV at £324!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.