Season Tickets 2018-19 - 3% average increase reported

You can get scanned into the ground by showing any blue bibbed person a picture of the front of the season card in question... done it umpteen times when using our kids ticket despite not having the card I need in hand.. so not sure what the fuss is about

You also jump the queue by going this....
sorry just to get this right you have a picture of his card on your phone and they scan that ?

This is spot on. I have had a season ticket for many years now, coming up from Southampton since I left Manchester for work. It has got to the point where it is still value enough to have my season card at £390 vs individual match tickets, even though I am increasingly unable to get to games - probably less than half this year.

So to avoid adding to the SC unused seat issue, if I cant pass on to friends/family I want to be able to sell my seat on easily on a match by match basis (not including getting paper tickets at the ticket office as that is a real hassle/turnoff for potential buyers). And not including the ticket exchange either as that seems to rarely work given how late you can put your seat online.

I recently rang Supporter Services explaining my concerns (and to see if I could maybe get 19 PDF paper tickets instead!) and they advised that there is going to be a new ticketing system that will be launched ahead of next season which will allow an easier way of transferring tickets - they were reluctant to give many details over the phone but as I understood it there will be the options to transfer tickets via email/smart phones to fellow Blues.

I will keep my SC for next season and see if these changes are a success, but if not I may cancel beyond next season as I don't like having my seat unused - and I'll just buy individual tickets for the games I can actually get to.

In a similar boat, i travel from NI and maybe sell 6 to exchange, 6 to family/friends and 6 myself and travel is expensive and with TV in the 2nd half of the season, it makes things very risky. For example, we are in March and still dont know Swansea, Brighton and huddersfield KOs and less about 8 weeks of season left.

I like the sound of this new ticket system but surprised they are encouraging this process considering how against they are the numerous successful Buy and Sell pages of Daz's on FB. I have had a few run in's and bans (other blues -not me)with city and dont want to sell to a randomer for them to cause trouble and i take the liability.

Last edited:
It's a good point as you often see people on ticket websites looking for home tickets then see lots of empty seats

People can be planning to go then maybe are ill or can't get there and don't know till match day
If the club had a scheme to sell their seats at a cheap rate to a City card holder on match day it would benefit the club

Also if they ticket office "purchased" any leftovers STs from the exchange on the day. Im sure they get numerous inquiries on Match days for Sold out games when in reality there may be a few hundred floating around the exchange and that last minute Fan doesnt have access/membership to purchase. The Ticket office should come in and clean those up (1. Sell their own General sale first 2. Access the exchange and buy and resell = genuinely full stadium.

Last edited:
No, we show the picture to the blue bibs, they check the seat details and they scan us in with a master card they have
You show a picture of someone's seasoncard on your phone, and they then scan you in? Sorry pal, ain't having that. Otherwise, what's to stop someone / anyone, taking a photo of someone's / anyone's card, waltzing up to the ground and asking to be let in because they have a photo on their phone of someone's season card? Bullshit.

You show a picture of someone's seasoncard on your phone, and they then scan you in? Sorry pal, ain't having that. Otherwise, what's to stop someone / anyone, taking a photo of someone's / anyone's card, waltzing up to the ground and asking to be let in because they have a photo on their phone of someone's season card? Bullshit.
A little harsh chap... maybe give it a try and then tell me it’s Bullshit... i’ve done it at least half a dozen times... mostly for the seat next to mine (my Brother’s) .. in the past i’ve also done if for a friends seat in another block.

Work colleagues have used my own seat on rare occasions when I can’t make the game with zero issues.

Not sure what reason i’d have to lie about this...

The bibs can ask you questions about the person’s card e.g date of birth etc. So I keep those details in my phone... not rocket science but maybe it would be less effective for the masses.

A little harsh chap... maybe give it a try and then tell me it’s Bullshit... i’ve done it at least half a dozen times... mostly for the seat next to mine (my Brother’s) .. in the past i’ve also done if for a friends seat in another block.

Work colleagues have used my own seat on rare occasions when I can’t make the game with zero issues.

Not sure what reason i’d have to lie about this...

The bibs can ask you questions about the person’s card e.g date of birth etc. So I keep those details in my phone... not rocket science but maybe it would be less effective for the masses.
My apologies for being very dismissive; just sounds so implausible and easily open to abuse. You walk up to the gate, show someone a photo of someone's season card and they let you in. What's to stop me taking a photo, surreptitiously, of someone's season card, for this season's derby game, and showing it to these people on the gate who as you claim, will happily accept that for entry purposes? Nope, not having it. No chance a photo on a phone gets you in the ground.

My apologies for being very dismissive; just sounds so implausible and easily open to abuse. You walk up to the gate, show someone a photo of someone's season card and they let you in. What's to stop me taking a photo, surreptitiously, of someone's season card, for this season's derby game, and showing it to these people on the gate who as you claim, will happily accept that for entry purposes? Nope, not having it. No chance a photo on a phone gets you in the ground.

You've got to give your name, postcode etc and they're normally pretty understanding. I'm sure they'll be the jobsworths who turn you away but it's a good insurance policy if you forget your seasonticket.

Albion Rovers FC who play at Cliftonhill Stadium and are based in Coatbridge near Motherwell and Glasgow also tried a scheme called "pay what you can" for a season ticket to try and encourage fans to attend their games in the fourth tier of Scottish football, they are used to playing in front of crowds of 5-600. It was a complete disaster with alleged fans waltzing up and and only handing over £10 or £20 for a season ticket saying thats all they could afford. I can see why they done it but the club ended up losing a lot of money and took them to brink of going under.

That's the Scots for you lol. Tight bastards haha

You can do it with no photo mate, my pal forgot his season card the other week and gave all his details to one of the blue bibs and they let him in. When we played Roma away I got a little tipsy and lost my ticket, as I was in the process of trying to blag/jib my way in and a nice lady from city approached me and asked for all my details and then let me in. Both of these are without phones or photos so I don't think the lad is bullshitting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.