Season Tickets 2018-19 - 3% average increase reported

i know loads of people who have stopped going. i usually sit in the east stand with my dad or brother when i get the time to go now and most people are late 50s and a lot older, so eventually over time people attend less and stop going ( dont mean that in a bad way) . i agree on the north stand and hopefully something is done when we expand again.

there probably aren't thousands upon thousands right now, but i think it would be a gradual process over years. with the amount of younger people in beswick/ manchester alone that dont attend- the potential to gain and grow that base is huge. fair enough mate you make some good points.

i think this is a good/relevant discussion to have on here.

You generally don’t miss what you have never had and once you stop going you lose the bug. I used to go to all aways but to be honest now I’m not sure I’d go if someone offered me a free ticket.

That’s why the club persist with the family stand and all this entertainment etc in my opinion. They needs those youngsters coming through.

I think a lot of younger “fans” would prefer an afternoon in the pub watching us with their mates. My lad goes to the games Home and away but the social side is more important than the game to him. I can’t tell you how many goals he has missed this year. It’s a big number!

Dopn't see any changes in SC prices coming next season. Would imagine ideally the club would like to increase. It's easier to increase on the back of a good season.
Absolutely no chance. I reckon they'll be a sharp rise after this season - possibly upwards of 5-10%. It's not helpful that a sizeable portion of the City seasoncard holders clearly feel they are cheap enough to miss a few of the 'lesser' matches. If people deemed the City seasoncards too expensive they wouldn't be the smattering of empty seats. I know KO times impact whether you can go or not but there is one too many every game.

Absolutely no chance. I reckon they'll be a sharp rise after this season - possibly upwards of 5-10%. It's not helpful that a sizeable portion of the City seasoncard holders clearly feel they are cheap enough to miss a few of the 'lesser' matches. If people deemed the City seasoncards too expensive they wouldn't be the smattering of empty seats. I know KO times impact whether you can go or not but there is one too many every game.
cant see a big increase but I can see a 2% rise

Biggest thing for me is the ability to resell. Current system is flawed and having to wait until the week before/sold out goes up is a waste. My seat in SS2 is a belter and if I can't go my lad can't go but anyone looking for 2 together have to be in the gods or on the pitch if they want to buy early and don't have access to mine. Same as matchday, mine would drop off the system, they should be available up to kickoff via ticket machines linked to a valid membership. That way if something happened the morning of the match somebody could still get a chance to use the seats.

Biggest thing for me is the ability to resell. Current system is flawed and having to wait until the week before/sold out goes up is a waste. My seat in SS2 is a belter and if I can't go my lad can't go but anyone looking for 2 together have to be in the gods or on the pitch if they want to buy early and don't have access to mine. Same as matchday, mine would drop off the system, they should be available up to kickoff via ticket machines linked to a valid membership. That way if something happened the morning of the match somebody could still get a chance to use the seats.
It's a good point as you often see people on ticket websites looking for home tickets then see lots of empty seats

People can be planning to go then maybe are ill or can't get there and don't know till match day
If the club had a scheme to sell their seats at a cheap rate to a City card holder on match day it would benefit the club

You should be able to email your season ticket to someone else for a specific game so that it doesn’t go to waste.

If people deemed the City seasoncards too expensive they wouldn't be the smattering of empty seats.
Quite the reserve actually. They can just afford the card but can't afford to get to every game - so they miss some. This is especially true of folks who live away from Manchester.
I personally don't do midweek games anymore unless I take an afternoon off work - but this is mainly due to the M5 and M6 roadworks which have turned a 2.5 rush hour journey into a 3.5-4 hour journey. But I certainly can't afford the time off.

You should be able to email your season ticket to someone else for a specific game so that it doesn’t go to waste.

It would be nice if you could have a related card for a family member or friend and transfer the match ticket to that card. Then for example my nephew who lives in Ashton could could go instead of me on occasion.

You generally don’t miss what you have never had and once you stop going you lose the bug. I used to go to all aways but to be honest now I’m not sure I’d go if someone offered me a free ticket.

That’s why the club persist with the family stand and all this entertainment etc in my opinion. They needs those youngsters coming through.

I think a lot of younger “fans” would prefer an afternoon in the pub watching us with their mates. My lad goes to the games Home and away but the social side is more important than the game to him. I can’t tell you how many goals he has missed this year. It’s a big number!

Exactly mate. You get into the habit of not going. Most of the people in the ground now went when they were younger and got the bug. That same process doesn’t happen now and when people get to 18 they stop going or go less. I honestly think football is screwed in about 10/15 years time as older people stop going, as no one is replacing them. Even West Ham fans the other week protesting - it was mainly older people.

I don’t think much has changed on the social side tbf, I’m gonna bet when you were younger it was about the drinking and seeing your mates. That’s what I like about going football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.