Season Tickets 2018-19 - 3% average increase reported

More st holders are not going to every game as the ko times/days are all over the place as opposed to years ago. Also most are working later/longer/shifts so more potential clashing. Be interesting to see some stats on % younger st sales as I’m sure less kids have the interest/participation in football nowadays.

1. Scrap Platinum.
2. Scrap Cityzens rewards
3. Scrap everything associated with being justified as reasons for increasing prices (see points 1&2).

Before then deciding on prices for next season the club will have done a budget projection. They will know approximately how much income it can expect from all sources. If this has gone up from last season then the club should be able to pass on SOME of the increased income to its employees and to its fans.

I'm sure the club will be factoring in loss of revenue from the empty seats, a red circle doesn't buy a pie & a pint.

When you look at what those robbing bastards at Spurs are charging you have to say we are very lucky at City
Average wages and average house prices are much much more than those in Greater Manchester so I’m not surprised that the price for watching football is so much more. The tragedy is that for their season ticket(s) they can only watch city once a season whilst ours gives us 19 occasions.

Look at it another way, do the club need the revenue from season ticket sales. With all the TV money and sponsorship deals etc.?

A big revenue fund stream is off matchday sales of food drink, shirts scarfs etc.

Corporates aside; The spending profile of a fan at a game is different dependent upon several factors, the main ones being regular or visitor/tourist. Your visitor/tourist is going to spend more, your core regular is generally thriftier. So, who do the club want?

Looking at season ticket prices, if they were say £72 for the season they would all be sold and a lot would pick a choose games [lots of empty seats at others], with many loyal fans left unable to get a ticket for the top games. we see this I believe to some extent already in the family stand.

So, there is a compromise on price, too much and those who want to cannot afford them, too little and the apathetic supporters get the roost.

There are also the many other factors such as KO times/days, late announcements of TV fixtures which go to piss fans off and throw in the towel after many years. The Club do not care these fans are easily replaced by new ones willing to spend more money.

Currently the apathetic supporters are winning [empty seats] and fans wanting to go but can’t get tickets. So unfortunately, I see a price rise [leap] in season tickets and more going to travel partners and sponsors. There will be compromise in there, many more £299 season seats spread across the stadium, so we can say our lowest price is ….. and not look like a rip-off.

The argument about not getting younger fans coming is flawed, in that young fans follow success in their influential years [currently City]. The ground swell is there, and that group will stay loyal in later years, look at Salford red socks. The management are not concerned with that, they give free tickets to schools, colleges and universities for the exact same reason. When these individuals get the spending power where will they go?

The loosing of older supporters is not a factor as new money is being brought in in the form of tourists willing to spend. Something we would not have seen ten years ago.

If the Club was worried about empty seats on TV they would ensure the bottom tier was full by not selling tickets in the upper tiers until the bottom was sold out by tourist or fans paying a premium, who will attend EVERY game [corporate!]

The south stand level 1 generates its own momentum with loyal fans who want to sing cramming in, this should be expanded as demand grows, but could the club get more money by keeping us keen?

If they up SC prices next season they lose my income and vocal support for all Cup games. Simple as that City, use your heads and REDUCE prices. No trophies are won by being top of any profits league table so appease your long serving loyal fan base and do the right thing. People can’t afford all this anymore. £45 for a Cup Quarter final is a joke as well, we are not cows who you can just keep milking for money.

1. Scrap Platinum.
2. Scrap Cityzens rewards
3. Scrap everything associated with being justified as reasons for increasing prices (see points 1&2).

Before then deciding on prices for next season the club will have done a budget projection. They will know approximately how much income it can expect from all sources. If this has gone up from last season then the club should be able to pass on SOME of the increased income to its employees and to its fans.
Spot on!

I think a bigger piece is needed on ticket prices. I would hate for the club to increase the prices when they're already so high (in places). But for me, more is needed on the disparity in the prices depending on where you site.

For example, I used to site in SS1 behind the goal, poor view. I was paying circa £650. My mate, same age was sat in NS2 and was paying £550 with a much better view - something I just don't understand. I rang up the ticket office before the season to look at moving and now I sit in ES3 front row and pay £750. So for an extra £100 I have a fantastic view and nobody in front of me.

The disparity isn't just with the season tickets though, it's with ticket prices as a whole, look at CL group stage for example. £17.50 for Shaktar @ home for me, £30 for Napoli and then £30 for Feynoord at home. Why am I paying an extra £12.50 to watch Feynoord over Shaktar when Shaktar are a much better team. Feynoord was pretty much a dead rubber as well.

I think a bigger piece is needed on ticket prices. I would hate for the club to increase the prices when they're already so high (in places). But for me, more is needed on the disparity in the prices depending on where you site.

For example, I used to site in SS1 behind the goal, poor view. I was paying circa £650. My mate, same age was sat in NS2 and was paying £550 with a much better view - something I just don't understand. I rang up the ticket office before the season to look at moving and now I sit in ES3 front row and pay £750. So for an extra £100 I have a fantastic view and nobody in front of me.

The disparity isn't just with the season tickets though, it's with ticket prices as a whole, look at CL group stage for example. £17.50 for Shaktar @ home for me, £30 for Napoli and then £30 for Feynoord at home. Why am I paying an extra £12.50 to watch Feynoord over Shaktar when Shaktar are a much better team. Feynoord was pretty much a dead rubber as well.
I suppose they have to draw a line somewhere and there will always be rows with different prices somewhere, £100 seems a lot but then it's only £5.00 a game, don't know how difficult it is to have more graduated pricing, I suppose not too difficult with technology.
I think the feynoord think is a gamble for the club when they are put on sale that last game can either be a decider of a dead rubber. I assume it's priced with the assumption there will be something resting on the game. £30 isn't bad, you need to look at the Shaktar £17.50 as a bit of a bargain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.