Season Tickets 2018-19 - 3% average increase reported

Absolutely nothing worse than those crowing about not being bothered about the price increase.

Wonder if they'd walk into a bar and declare their delight at a price increase to their favourite beverage.

No one should ever be happy or indifferent about paying more. That's the sort of reaction that leads to most price increases.
I can only look at it from my point of view. Twelve years ago I was paying £450 to watch City score ten goals at home all season. Next season I will be paying £310 to watch the best side I’ve ever seen. I have nothing to complain about.

I can only look at it from my point of view. Twelve years ago I was paying £450 to watch City score ten goals at home all season. Next season I will be paying £310 to watch the best side I’ve ever seen. I have nothing to complain about.
Yes you are paying the same as me, not everyone is as lucky though

Great article.

Click on the link for the rest of the article.

The problem the fans face is that there has been no co-ordinated action against such increases. A little bit of bad press as some supporters groups comment on how unfair the hike is, while one or two banners inside the Etihad for the closing games of the season, can all be brushed under the carpet when the vast majority of those affected renew their season tickets come what may.

That tells the club they can get away with doing it because there will be little collateral damage. It plays on a fear of missing out -- could you imagine being the supporter that cancels their season ticket out of principle and misses being there for the single greatest season in City's history?

That's the thought process the marketing department is banking on when push comes to shove, and it would take a particularly strong-willed individual to decide against buying a ticket after years of emotional attachment.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club...-increase-shows-contempt-for-match-going-fans

Brilliant article. Hits the nail on the head.

I have heard it all - we don't see the premier league trophy after the best season in history for the sake of about 50 quid? The mind boggles.

My comment was about the need for visible action, rather than objecting to being asked to dig deeper into our pockets on here, if people feel that strongly about it. ESPNs headline of "Man City taking fans for mugs" carries more weight than 1000 pages on this forum.

I'll carry on going home and away as I have done for years but a trophy presentation isn't important to me personally, just the way we play is.

I can't complain about £16.30 a game up in the top of the south stand, but I think that nobody should be paying more than 30 quid on a season ticket except for those in the posh seats. Match day tickets are miles too high as well for those that can't get a season ticket. 40 quid is plenty. There are those that say that the football on offer is worth it, and it is, but I have seen some great shows and paid a lot for a ticket, but it is a one off.

I can't complain about £16.30 a game up in the top of the south stand, but I think that nobody should be paying more than 30 quid on a season ticket except for those in the posh seats. Match day tickets are miles too high as well for those that can't get a season ticket. 40 quid is plenty. There are those that say that the football on offer is worth it, and it is, but I have seen some great shows and paid a lot for a ticket, but it is a one off.
I'd not really given a thought to the occasional attendees, suppose they'll be on £60+ for the big games.

FAO the club who will read the board..... there's still time to save the PR fuck up by reducing single game tickets by 10% that should be covered by creaming 3% of us all!!!

Out of the 6 match day tickets I have bought this season 5 have been £41 or less, £33 the cheapest. The only one dearer was this weekends Huddersfield ticket at £53. They are too high but in my opinion only by £5 - £10. If they ranged from £28 - £45 I think that would be about right

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.