Season Tickets 2018-19 - 3% average increase reported

The difference is though we don't have room to properly address the youth issue because as well as cheaper tickets youngers fans want to sit together. If we extend and keep some of the new seats for new younger fans to sit together and not relocate older fans to the new seats then we will be in position do something about it..
We need a standing area where the young ones can stand together

I follow the fortunes of Hereford FC and they released prices yesterday. There was no 16-18 concession for full time students and, after supporter feedback, they introduced it. That’s what fan influence does. There’s an active Trust and 50% of the club is fan owned. The other 50% is owned by local businessmen.

They’ve had to increase prices overall as they’re rejoining the Conference network after winning the Southern league. That’s understandable.

mine's gone up £11 to £310,its the first rise for 3 years since we moved into the new ss3,so I can't complain or moan its been expected where we sit ,but I can understand how everyone else is miffed off ,Ironically,i sacked off all the cup schemes this year (yet went to everyone as usual ) and platinum,yet I will be going back on all 4 next season.

If were really bothered by the price increase and agree the club doesn't give a toss if you don't renew then any protest would have to be TV visual.

We all know the media like to have a stick to beat the club and the club is more interested in the media than they are about us. So how about a mass walk out at the end of the game on Sunday (for those that don't leave early to miss the traffic) A trophy presentation in an empty ground would make a statement seen around the world and wouldn't be positive viewing for our board (lets see how they spin that). Doesn't hit anyones pocket, we've already had a pitch invasion, we've all already seen trophy presentations and it makes a peaceful statement.

Personally I'm not arsed about the price increase because that's now the only money City will get out of me, just have to convince my lad that Puma kits are rubbish and that he doesn't want them any more

I have heard it all - we don't see the premier league trophy after the best season in history for the sake of about 50 quid? The mind boggles.

I’m not there as it is but chances are they’ll leave at 85 minutes regardless.

If were really bothered by the price increase and agree the club doesn't give a toss if you don't renew then any protest would have to be TV visual.

We all know the media like to have a stick to beat the club and the club is more interested in the media than they are about us. So how about a mass walk out at the end of the game on Sunday (for those that don't leave early to miss the traffic) A trophy presentation in an empty ground would make a statement seen around the world and wouldn't be positive viewing for our board (lets see how they spin that). Doesn't hit anyones pocket, we've already had a pitch invasion, we've all already seen trophy presentations and it makes a peaceful statement.

Personally I'm not arsed about the price increase because that's now the only money City will get out of me, just have to convince my lad that Puma kits are rubbish and that he doesn't want them any more

Hilarious!
We’ve just been treated to the best football we’ve ever seen, scored more goals, amassed more points and all for the princely sum of £300 for me. So, I now have to pay £310 and you want me to walk out on a team that have given me immense joy all season?
Even if you sit elsewhere and are paying £600, you are still only paying £31 a game. Top price, top seats are about £45 a match. Christ! I was paying £40+ fifteen years ago at places like Birmingham. My father in law pays similar to me for his season ticket for Barrow in the National League.
We really are not hard done to, we’re not victims. Anyone would think we were Scousers listening to the people on here.

Hilarious!
We’ve just been treated to the best football we’ve ever seen, scored more goals, amassed more points and all for the princely sum of £300 for me. So, I now have to pay £310 and you want me to walk out on a team that have given me immense joy all season?
Even if you sit elsewhere and are paying £600, you are still only paying £31 a game. Top price, top seats are about £45 a match. Christ! I was paying £40+ fifteen years ago at places like Birmingham. My father in law pays similar to me for his season ticket for Barrow in the National League.
We really are not hard done to, we’re not victims. Anyone would think we were Scousers listening to the people on here.

So if it's so minimal, £800k overall, 3/1000's of total turnover, why has the club increased prices?

It can only be to piss us off

Great article.

Click on the link for the rest of the article.

The problem the fans face is that there has been no co-ordinated action against such increases. A little bit of bad press as some supporters groups comment on how unfair the hike is, while one or two banners inside the Etihad for the closing games of the season, can all be brushed under the carpet when the vast majority of those affected renew their season tickets come what may.

That tells the club they can get away with doing it because there will be little collateral damage. It plays on a fear of missing out -- could you imagine being the supporter that cancels their season ticket out of principle and misses being there for the single greatest season in City's history?

That's the thought process the marketing department is banking on when push comes to shove, and it would take a particularly strong-willed individual to decide against buying a ticket after years of emotional attachment.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club...-increase-shows-contempt-for-match-going-fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.