Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

I was told by a rag that they can have their name on their seat for free after 25 years of being a season card holder. Maybe we could have something similar.

If there is a gap in appreciation, I think it is for the Blues who turn up for every home game every year. Instead, people who want to turn up for some or most games are treated better, through the expansion of the Ticket Exchange and flexi-gold. Yes like lots of businesses City know that the people who come to every game to cheer on the lads can be taken for granted. I just like being at the matches but I thought I would give a bit of a different perspective to some of the points being made.

I know the ticket exchange help many but I’d rather make any spares I’ve got available for 1/19th of the season card price. Industrial scale use of the Ticket Exchange doesn’t help local
blues or people on lower incomes either.

Last edited:
Only this. Soriano needs to decide what he wants. A noisy, vibrant atmosphere to support the team. Or an extra 10 million revenue. He can't have both no matter how much he wishes it to be true.

Imo and, I suspect, Guardiola's the former is worth more than 10 million.

I wonder if Khaldoon and Mansour know how much the local fan base is being alienated. Maybe the words at the takeover were just words, after all. I thought they had more about them than that, tbh.
Soriano has decided what he wants, it's not him who comes out asking for more noise or a better atmosphere, he couldn't give a shit.

Soriano has decided what he wants, it's not him who comes out asking for more noise or a better atmosphere, he couldn't give a shit.

The question is whether the people above Soriano know what is going on, that Mansour's words at the takeover are now sounding rather hollow. Not sure if they don't know or they don't care either.

Surely Guardiola must know? Forever saying how important the atmosphere is. Or are they really all so detached?

The question is whether the people above Soriano know what is going on, that Mansour's words at the takeover are now sounding rather hollow. Not sure if they don't know or they don't care either.

Surely Guardiola must know? Forever saying how important the atmosphere is. Or are they really all so detached?
Pretty clear they don't give a shit and they've been proving it for years now.

It’s the same with juniors to young adults etc but the other way round, increasing season card revenue. It’s just that we have an older demographic
I was joking btw

I've said it before but the numbers of FOCs is really painful for the club. There is no upside for them and they couldn't give a rats arse that someone like me has been going for six decades. They would love us all to fuck off in fact.

Can't recall how much mine was, but those numbers are a drop in cost in real terms - using the B of E inflation calculator, £700 in 2015 is the equivalent of £925 now.

Not saying it's cheap, something a lot of people could afford (although that's obviously not the cheapest seat), or that they couldn't be cheaper, but interesting.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetary-policy/inflation/inflation-calculator
Yes I was quite surprised when I started looking at the actual percentage as opposed to the additional cost. If you ignore pre 2021 then the 755 in 2021 works out at 895 in today's money so the cost of my seat is still less than inflation according to that calculator.
Just would have been nice to have seen it back down to a 3% rise this year (or less) as I doubt my wages will be increasing by 5%..

I was told by a rag that they can have their name on their seat for free after 25 years of being a season card holder. Maybe we could have something similar.

If there is a gap in appreciation, I think it is for the Blues who turn up for every home game every year. Instead, people who want to turn up for some or most games are treated better, through the expansion of the Ticket Exchange and flexi-gold. Yes like lots of businesses City know that the people who come to every game to cheer on the lads can be taken for granted. I just like being at the matches but I thought I would give a bit of a different perspective to some of the points being made.

I know the ticket exchange help many but I’d rather make any spares I’ve got available for 1/19th of the season card price. Industrial scale use of the Ticket Exchange doesn’t help local

I’m not saying I agree or disagree with the 14 game policy.

But having just listing it on the exchange, sell or not, as counting towards the 14, is just negating the whole purpose of the policy for me.

You could in theory ( if unlikely ) have a United fan buying a season ticket every year. Listing it for the other 18 games. Getting the vast majority of his money back. And that’s all fine.

Whereas a long standing City fan could miss 6 games when they’re sick or something and be kicked out if they didn’t use the exchange.

Refund if they relegate us?
No, as there are more home games in the Championship.
And fewer tourists of course, unless City develop a line in "disaster tourism"; free half 'n' half scarf and permission to stay until the end with every ticket.

Last edited:
Reactions: PPT

That’s until they move you from your seat like Norman Whiteside and his mates found out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.