Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

Que sera sera
Whatever will be will be
The chocolate bar’s 60p
Que sera sera
You're just a shit bar of chocolate, shit bar of chocolate , you're just a shit bar of chocolate.

Sorry, Tim. This international break is playing havoc with my sanity: /

And I applaud you but my point was the way things are going if kids don’t get in the door now they may never get it unless they pay a huge amount later, they don’t want people with season tickets they want day trippers spending £80 a ticket and £200 in the shops. Where have I said give up your ticket? My point was someone with a young family is been priced out and they don’t get them back, if prices continue to rise as they have. This isn’t like a 20 odd years ago when there were seats available at reasonable prices or no waiting list for a season ticket, if continue in the same vain it will be getting near £100 a ticket per game if you don’t have a season ticket. People find other uses for their money but I’m sure there will always be the glory hunters in years to come just look at old Trafford.
I try my very best in my 'romantic' world to never look at Old Trafford, apart from the cricket ground.

Can anybody direct me as to how to add details of a new credit card, step by step? I was able to remove the details of the previous credit card (which had been stolen, in the meantime), but it says, unhelpfully, please go to the relevant tab to add the new card. Where is the “relevant tab” and under what rubric? I know, I know, I'd expect it to be at Your Account, but the window simply will not allow me to fill in the new information. Without which, I cannot renew my season card.
Thanks for any help…

There's a weird Stockholm syndrome that afflicts people that makes them think they should be grateful for paying through the nose to watch the thing that ultimately only exists because of them. It's not the same as everything else in life. The club exists - and Sheik Mansour had an investible proposition - because generations of City supporters dedicated themselves to the club. Football clubs rely on the loyalty of people who don't give up when the club they follow goes for decades without a sniff of success. Just look at all the people on here connected to the Swales out movement, setting up fanzines, attending AGMs and EGMs as well as going home and away every week just to keep the club they love going in the vague hope that one day we might have some success. And the thanks that we get for that is fucking Soriano treating us with contempt because we can't be sufficiently monetised. And then Pep asks for the atmosphere to be better.

The supermarket analogy doesn't work at all - a City fan priced out of attending after years of committed support isn't going to make the choice to go to Bolton or Oldham because it's a bit cheaper, they'll just be disenfranchised by the club that belongs to them and become bitter and angry. Football is based around sentiment and loyalty not rational choices, if it was rational there wouldn't be 120ish professional clubs in England.
But hasn't it always been the case if you can't afford it you don't go ? That's definitely me in years gone by, regardless of how you dress it up.

Every year they announce the ticket increase I think it’s an open goal for the players to offer to pay it instead.

Our last wage bill was £423m.

If the players took a 1 day pay cut it would raise the same amount as the ticket increase.

The club would earn more than £1.2m for the PR alone.
Great idea !!

I was just making the point that we have all had to think about the ‘next generation’ if we had kids. It wasn’t very ‘romantic’ bringing 4 kids up on my own and I was also upset that I couldn’t give my kids what a lot of their friends were having. But I didn’t whine about it I cut my coat according to my cloth.
I’m sorry if I had a different opinion to you but just because I can afford a season card now doesn’t mean I always could and I probably couldn’t if I didn’t get the OAP discount but I’m sure not giving it up!
Pardon me for breathing.
Exactly, so instead of taking them to City you took them to the park, I don't get this mentality that you have a divine right to be able to go to a football match, it costs time and money, it always has, it's not a new thing.

Every year they announce the ticket increase I think it’s an open goal for the players to offer to pay it instead.

Our last wage bill was £423m.

If the players took a 1 day pay cut it would raise the same amount as the ticket increase.

The club would earn more than £1.2m for the PR alone.
Good idea, however, if you asked most people on here, regardless of how much they earn, to take a pay cut to allow people to buy a none necessary product, most wouldn't be keen.

Can anybody direct me as to how to add details of a new credit card, step by step? I was able to remove the details of the previous credit card (which had been stolen, in the meantime), but it says, unhelpfully, please go to the relevant tab to add the new card. Where is the “relevant tab” and under what rubric? I know, I know, I'd expect it to be at Your Account, but the window simply will not allow me to fill in the new information. Without which, I cannot renew my season card.
Thanks for any help…
My memory says if you go through the renew season card and get to the payment stage, if you click on your old card a box comes up to add a new card

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.