Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

Got the cheapest season ticket I could when they opened SS3, sacked off the champions league scheme first, then platinum then the league cup scheme last season. I fully appreciate they don't want people like me but it doesn't really tally with Peps whole "We need our people" mantra and I am also not sure we have as many corporate fans as they would like so struggling to see why we need more and more.

£61 a ticket for Burnley midweek and swathes of empty seats, what's the plan Soriano?

As brilliant as he is, Pep needs to shut his big bald mouth when it comes to criticising the fans. It’s bang out of order and he’s done it several times.

Apologies if much of this has already been covered, but been pretty busy recently and not had chance to read the whole thread.

My Mum still has a season ticket, but is in her late 70s and struggles to make quite a few games (evening kick offs, winter games etc). They always get relisted on the exchange, so are never empty, but it’s a pain in the arse to keep on top of. As such, the flexi-gold option seems like it could be a viable option.

Just a few questions if anyone can help:

- it’s £150 for adults, and £75 for kids but no mention (from what I saw) for OAPs - presume that’s £75 too?
- would the games she attended be charged at a pro-rata rate for the season card, or the extortionate prices that are charged on a match by match basis?

On a related note, she has a second season card, which is/was my Dad’s, but he’s in a care home now with severe dementia so obviously no longer goes. We upgrade the ticket to an adult every time my Mum goes (as she can’t attend alone, so my sister goes with her when she can). Does anyone know if we can transfer that ticket permanently to my sister? On the FAQs it only seems to cover death when it comes to transferring tickets, so not sure if we’d be eligible?

Any advice greatly appreciated!
One thing to consider is that the match day over 65 discount is a lot less than the SC discount. This is something I've posted about a few times as I think the club hate the over 65 discount as you can see it's rapidly being effectively binned for cup games (£2-50 off most seats for Newcastle) and SCs will follow at some point. I had a quick look at the Villa game and a full price £63 seat was £45 for over 65s for example.

I'd definitely suggest getting the full information from the club as it all seems very vague currently and they have form for being less than transparent (the initial offer of Silver 'SCs' for example).

Edit: you may be merely changing one ball ache for another as instead of listing your Mum's tickets on the exchange you will have to buy tickets for at least 10 games three weeks before each fixture.

Last edited:
Apologies if much of this has already been covered, but been pretty busy recently and not had chance to read the whole thread.

My Mum still has a season ticket, but is in her late 70s and struggles to make quite a few games (evening kick offs, winter games etc). They always get relisted on the exchange, so are never empty, but it’s a pain in the arse to keep on top of. As such, the flexi-gold option seems like it could be a viable option.

- it’s £150 for adults, and £75 for kids but no mention (from what I saw) for OAPs - presume that’s £75 too?
- would the games she attended be charged at a pro-rata rate for the season card, or the extortionate prices that are charged on a match by match basis?

On a related note, she has a second season card, which is/was my Dad’s, but he’s in a care home now with severe dementia so obviously no longer goes. We upgrade the ticket to an adult every time my Mum goes (as she can’t attend alone, so my sister goes with her when she can). Does anyone know if we can transfer that ticket permanently to my sister? On the FAQs it only seems to cover death when it comes to transferring tickets, so not sure if we’d be eligible?

Sympathy with your situation and fair play for retaining tickets so your mum can carry on getting enjoyment from attending games.

City is a club, we're just members at their discretion which a lot of people tend to forget. Give them a ring (not the ticket line, that's outsourced) and explain your sister's situation and I'm sure they'll accommodate the request. Danny Wilson is a busy man so escalate to him if you've no luck over the phone.

As brilliant as he is, Pep needs to shut his big bald mouth when it comes to criticising the fans. It’s bang out of order and he’s done it several times.
He needs to direct his frustration at the suits within the club and not the proper fans.

The strategy from ticket sales dept is to attract tourists (many of which are neutral "fans") who are happy paying £70+ for tickets and will spend £££ in the club shop. All of this is at cost to the atmosphere and pricing out local and loyal support.

It's all bollocks, the club need to remember loyal support from the dark days when tourists weren't around.

That's correct, so I don't see it as an attractive proposition for existing SC card holders. There is no doubt this is a scheme that favours the club more than fans as it helps them sell unsold seats at a higher price.
That said however, it will be an attractive scheme to some. As a matchday member (FOC), I will have attended 13 PL games by the end of this season, and that would have been 15 games if I could have got a ticket for the Arsenal and Rags games. So I am interested in this offering, albeit at an inflated price if it gets me a seat for all games. I don't consider the additional fee as £150 but rather £115 as I would be paying £35 for a matchday membership anyway.
Obviously more clarification on price levels will be required - eg will seats be offered at o/65 prices etc. Not sure what the take up will be but if its anything like the silver SC it will be tough getting one. Hopefully, for my sake, I'm luckier this time around.

Well explained. The point is that you can pay for the whole 19 matches, but you don't have to. You might easily choose to go for the minimal 10. Sure, you've paid £115 for the privilege of doing so (that's a good point, by the way, about factoring in the £35 that you'd be paying in all scenarios). What you've got is a guaranteed seat. Among those ten matches, you might put the marquee matches (United, Liverpool, Arsenal? Then i'm struggling a bit), and the last match of the season, which might be a title decider. I wasn't at the QPR match, but I was at the Villa match. And it was frankly one of the highlights of fifty years + of following this club. I couldn't believe what I'd just seen.
It's not a completely uninteresting option. As a seasoncard holder, I'm being offered as of this morning one ticket for the Real Madrid match which, very sadly, I can't get over for (it's not transferable, of course). That doesn't seem to be on the table with the Flexi deal.

Well explained. The point is that you can pay for the whole 19 matches, but you don't have to. You might easily choose to go for the minimal 10. Sure, you've paid £115 for the privilege of doing so (that's a good point, by the way, about factoring in the £35 that you'd be paying in all scenarios). What you've got is a guaranteed seat. Among those ten matches, you might put the marquee matches (United, Liverpool, Arsenal? Then i'm struggling a bit), and the last match of the season, which might be a title decider. I wasn't at the QPR match, but I was at the Villa match. And it was frankly one of the highlights of fifty years + of following this club. I couldn't believe what I'd just seen.
It's not a completely uninteresting option. As a seasoncard holder, I'm being offered as of this morning one ticket for the Real Madrid match which, very sadly, I can't get over for (it's not transferable, of course). That doesn't seem to be on the table with the Flexi deal.
I don't think there is an actual minimum number of games. That was just the lowest number they included in the representative examples.

I agree. There are now so many season ticket options it’s getting confusing. Not to mention working out what benefits each season ticket option has or hasn’t got.

I’m sticking with a platinum season ticket next season. If I start missing out on away games then I’m going to a normal season ticket in the future. I’ll stay in the cup schemes to guarantee a cup final ticket even though I’m a season ticket holder with nearly 25,000 points, so I should be able to get cup final tickets without being in the cup schemes. Bit by bit I’m going to come out of loyalty schemes that benefit the club, but no longer benefit me.
I've been a season card holder for the entire time we've played at Eastlands, so I've qualified for all points via season card membership
I was platinum for I think just two seasons
I don't attend away games, so no points there and I wad in the Champions league scheme for two or three seasons
I can't ever remember being in the FA Cup or Carabao cup schemes
I have just less than 8000 points and, as of yet, never struggled to qualify for a cup final ticket, with the exception of the CL which I didn't look at, but wouldn't have gone to
So with 25,000, you'll be fine for years

On my current trajectory of 190 for a season card and 20 for a couple of cup games, it's going to take me about 80 years to catch you up if you stopped now

I've been a season card holder for the entire time we've played at Eastlands, so I've qualified for all points via season card membership
I was platinum for I think just two seasons
I don't attend away games, so no points there and I wad in the Champions league scheme for two or three seasons
I can't ever remember being in the FA Cup or Carabao cup schemes
I have just less than 8000 points and, as of yet, never struggled to qualify for a cup final ticket, with the exception of the CL which I didn't look at, but wouldn't have gone to
So with 25,000, you'll be fine for years

On my current trajectory of 190 for a season card and 20 for a couple of cup games, it's going to take me about 80 years to catch you up if you stopped now

It’s mad isn’t it, what we sign up to just to keep our points topped up, if we really thought about it.

In 2 years time there will be 8000 additional seats, so getting a home domestic cup and CL cup ticket will be an absolute breeze. Getting a CL away ticket in any of the matches leading up to a final could be a problem.

I’ll stick with platinum this season, then I’m going to bin it along with the Carabao and FA cup schemes the following season as I will always get a ticket for those matches. I’ll stick with the CL cup scheme until the North stand is expanded and then bin that. Saving £50 on my season ticket, and going to the Carabao cup and FA cup games when I want to, instead of my money coming straight out of my bank account via DD.

Last edited:

My old man stopped going 3 years ago when he was in his late 80’s so we transferred his ticket to my brother in law without any issues. You lose the points on it but you can definitely keep the ticket.

Reactions: Ric

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.