Season Tickets - 2024/25

It’s a business not a charity. His remit is to maximise revenue in a cut throat business not placate an ageing fanbase who wanna pay rock bottom prices.

I say that as an ageing fan who wants to pay rock bottom prices. But I’m a realist too.

Heavily disagree with the business case here. It's not as simple as rises = more revenue.

There's 3 major points in play.

1. Maybe an extra few percentage points will not affect the attendances of "ageing fans" who are most likely financially settled later in life. It does however effect the attendances of younger fans, who are the next generation of fans and it prices them out of the market during a cost of living crisis. That is trading the future of the club for the present and is irresponsible in terms of long term growth. There's hundreds of famous companies who have fallen into the "revenue at all costs" trap and ended up selling themselves out of existence, Time Warner/AOL probably most famously.

2. The reason that every advertiser, marketeer and media creator wishes to attract the 18-35 demographic is because brand loyalty created at this age of lasts a lifetime, and ensures that as their finances grow then you can take advantage of this in terms of commercial revenue. Sponsors are interested in creating that loyalty and positive image because an 18 year old might not be flying on Etihad flights now, but there's a good chance that they will in several years time as they've moved onwards financially. It's the reason why banks fall over themselves to give accounts to students.

3. One of the major attractions of a live football match is being part of an atmosphere and making the stadium a "destination". Ageing fans tend not to be the people who create the raucous atmosphere, that's the people that we're pricing out. The club wish to have this great atmosphere that they can help market themselves globally based upon, look at their socials for a few days after a good atmosphere, they cannot stop showing clips. Because it generates a buzz, an excitement, an attraction for people to "live their dream" and visit the Etihad and be part of that. Having a crowd of 40+ year olds sat on their hands is not appealing to the TikTok generation who we are competing against with Bayern, Real, Barca, Liverpool, United, etc for future revenue

It's a short sighted, bad faith and ultimately self defeating move that is going to sour relationships between the club and its most important fans. There's a reason all channels added fake crowd noise during Covid, that noise has a financial value.

Don't forget the extra £190 per season on parking fees now there is no on street parking. Confused why the council didn't just change those on street parking areas to paid parking. Could have had a couple of £ per car going back into 'the system' rather than forcing people to pay cash to some car sales yard.
The on street parking issue and additional cost is more frustrating than the ticket price increase

I have to admit I cannot really fault my ticket price but, like yourself, I am very sympathetic to others who are priced out.

It has come at a cost for me. My mates all sit on level 2 but factoring in my travel costs and missing games (prior to ticket exchange) that was just unsustainable and so I moved to SSL3. Turned into a great move and I would consider the people I now sit next to as friends also.

I know we criticise the club but we definitely benefit from a wide range of ticket prices which gives more flexibility dependent upon your pocket. I know a lot of other fans can hardly believe how cheap my ticket is.

From reading comments over the years on ticket prices some fans seem to prefer to drop out than relocate to a cheaper seat elsewhere. Seems a shame that without giving it a go.
I did similar last season Frank. Stopped paying nigh on 700 and relocated to SS3 like yourself. It was due to parking more than anything, but it was nice to be only paying 385.(then) I'm a bit of a traveller anyway, I've had 7 different season ticket locations since the stadium opened, so moving is no skin off my nose. Oh, and if you need your droyve tarmaccing, give us a shout :)

I have to admit I cannot really fault my ticket price but, like yourself, I am very sympathetic to others who are priced out.

It has come at a cost for me. My mates all sit on level 2 but factoring in my travel costs and missing games (prior to ticket exchange) that was just unsustainable and so I moved to SSL3. Turned into a great move and I would consider the people I now sit next to as friends also.

I know we criticise the club but we definitely benefit from a wide range of ticket prices which gives more flexibility dependent upon your pocket. I know a lot of other fans can hardly believe how cheap my ticket is.

From reading comments over the years on ticket prices some fans seem to prefer to drop out than relocate to a cheaper seat elsewhere. Seems a shame that without giving it a go.
That's a very good post.

When the financial experts speak about peoples pay they use phrases like 'in real terms'.

In real terms the average person has less to spend on their leisure activities. Something will have to give.
Now the club has 'day trippers' they won't really care. They will spend £££££s in the club shop and will be willing to spend £££££s on a one off match ticket.

As a very young kid I dreamt of going home and away watching City. Luckily I was able to do that in the 80s.
My son isn't so lucky (back to the points argument!!!) but it's also about getting the balance right.
My wife doesn't care about football. She's never stopped me going BUT importantly I don't take **** by spending our last pennies on it.
I've got a season ticket which I've had for almost 40 years. I don't want a medal, I just want the club to understand my I have less to spend on leisure activities and recognise local people struggle to watch their heroes. BUT WE DO!

What the people behind these price rises also fail to realise is that living in the surrounding areas has become increasingly expensive.

In the past if you lived in 5miles plus from the city centre, house/rental prices were affordable. Now they are pushing people further away because the Manchester regeneration has had a knock on effect on house prices in these places.

Bottom line is less money in peoples pockets 'in real terms'.

You know most on here are die hard Blues. The club should understand what that means and be looking to connect with us NOT alienate us.

I think the number is around 1,000 in total. Those will be split between a few groups, not least those currently on Silver (who get the choice of Gold or Gold+), including matchday members. As the release says, if they are oversubscribed, it will go on the points of the adult.

I'll add to this in a moment, but I'm against the Gold+ product due to the £150 premium - which we achieved some movement on. Particularly given a lack of new "normal" season tickets. I did make that point, but I'm sorry any of you who want a form of season ticket will have to pay that additional amount.
What is this gold+

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.