Season Tickets - 2024/25

No they club aren’t yet.

I just don’t see what advantages Flexi Gold gives a season ticket holder for the £150.

You can do most of that for free now.

If City gave a fair refund on a ticket not being used and it went straight back into a bank account a lot more people would make the effort to list their tickets on the seat exchange.

Somebody said if you go onto Flexi as a Gold ST holder then you can't reinstate it down the line? Not sure how true that is but they didn't let the Silvers upgrade initially. Probably only let them do it this time as they're offering too many different season-tickets it's become convoluted. Remember when they said the Silver was just for current ST holders?

I thought Silver was quite a good idea as an OPTION. They killed it by charging full rate for the ESL teams. If they charged 45-50 for those games instead of 70+ people might have been tempted. Some may have bought Silver and only added the dippers and rags. Providing they guaranteed they could upgrade it again the following season of course. They killed that initiative by their greed.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrb
No they club aren’t yet.

I just don’t see what advantages Flexi Gold gives a season ticket holder for the £150.

You can do most of that for free now.

If City gave a fair refund on a ticket not being used and it went straight back into a bank account a lot more people would make the effort to list their tickets on the seat exchange.
Perhaps I'm still misunderstanding then but surely for someone who can't or doesn't want to attend all games they can just pay for the ones they can get to? The initial costs of tickets come out of the £150 so it's possible that they wouldn't even use all of the £150 up? For only a few games it's cheaper than the cheapest ST and the seat gets used by someone who will be there?

Or have I got that entirely wrong?

Perhaps I'm still misunderstanding then but surely for someone who can't or doesn't want to attend all games they can just pay for the ones they can get to? The initial costs of tickets come out of the £150 so it's possible that they wouldn't even use all of the £150 up? For only a few games it's cheaper than the cheapest ST and the seat gets used by someone who will be there?

The way I understand it is the £150 is on top of the price of the tickets, so if you buy all 19 games you pay the same as a season ticket sat in the same area plus £150. I think there is a 10 game minimum too.

OK. But why would the club sell a 19 game season ticket to a person who is only going to attend less than £150 worth of games? There are City fans who are desperate to get a season ticket and would attend all the games. If the club do that, they might as well use that seat for 19 match day tickets instead. People do miss games for various reasons. We all do it.

So 40% of season card holders don’t go to low profile midweek games (Burnley at home). City Matters revelation from Ian Cheeseman’s podcast.No wonder City are trying to look at alternatives including flexi gold. It’s not a panacea but let’s see how it goes.

In addition, the stats revealed that only about 5K of the 100k match day members went to more than a few CL games in the last couple of years. The stats indicate that it wasn’t just tourists at last season’s Real Madrid semi final!

Other interesting info included there being 36,500 season card holders.

View attachment 111644
The maths doesn’t make sense to me.
How can only 5000 members have been to a champions league game?
After season ticket holders who want one have bought tickets, there are more than 5000 empty seats for most (all?) champions league games and they generally sell out so who is buying them if it's not members?

The maths doesn’t make sense to me.
How can only 5000 members have been to a champions league game?
After season ticket holders who want one have bought tickets, there are more than 5000 empty seats for most (all?) champions league games and they generally sell out so who is buying them if it's not members?
More than a few like I said. The the maths might make sense. A lot of people just want to be a member and if they get to 1 game a season they are happy.

Somebody said if you go onto Flexi as a Gold ST holder then you can't reinstate it down the line? Not sure how true that is but they didn't let the Silvers upgrade initially. Probably only let them do it this time as they're offering too many different season-tickets it's become convoluted. Remember when they said the Silver was just for current holders initially?

I thought Silver was quite a good idea as an OPTION. They killed it by charging full rate for the ESL teams. If they charged 45-50 for those games instead of 70+ people might have been tempted. Some may have bought Silver and only added the dippers and rags. Providing they guaranteed they could upgrade it again the following season of course. They killed that initiative by their greed.

I agree. There are now so many season ticket options it’s getting confusing. Not to mention working out what benefits each season ticket option has or hasn’t got.

I’m sticking with a platinum season ticket next season. If I start missing out on away games then I’m going to a normal season ticket in the future. I’ll stay in the cup schemes to guarantee a cup final ticket even though I’m a season ticket holder with nearly 25,000 points, so I should be able to get cup final tickets without being in the cup schemes. Bit by bit I’m going to come out of loyalty schemes that benefit the club, but no longer benefit me.

Last edited:
The way I understand it is the £150 is on top of the price of the tickets, so if you buy all 19 games you pay the same as a season ticket sat in the same area plus £150. I think there is a 10 game minimum too.
Ahh, now I don't understand the attraction so much.

OK. But why would the club sell a 19 game season ticket to a person who is only going to attend less than £150 worth of games? There are City fans who are desperate to get a season ticket and would attend all the games. If the club do that, they might as well use that seat for 19 match day tickets instead. People do miss games for various reasons. We all do it.
It was just a question bud as I wasn't sure I had it it right, as it happens I didn't.

Reactions: jrb
Quick question.

When buying next seasons season ticket on the OS, is there an option for the pay in full in July, or do you have to contact supporter services to do that?
Thanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.