Season Tickets - 2024/25

The inclusion of CL games is actually a discount on the current match by match pricing for CL in Joes. I don’t use Joes for CL, can’t afford it (min £110/match). I just buy normal GA ticket
I think they are worried about selling the additional game. I knew it would be discounted as no one would do it, however not by how much. £23 mine this year for groups, £30 for Kopen.

Surely that’s just paying for the four extra games ? That’s how I interpreted it when it came through . Pricing works out roughly to the CL games .
It’s an optional extra I think, current Joes membership or this ‘level 2’ including CL group. I’m sticking with current. The additional CL games included are cheaper than buying individually as per current.

Looks like there is a new level of hospitality being introduced in Joes called ‘Level 2’, which will include 4. Champions League games. Is this same in other GA+ areas, such as Kits, 9320, etc.
View attachment 110026
In 93:20 we get the 3 domestic cup games included, no mention of CL games being included as of yet. Based on your email though I wouldn’t be surprised if they offer that to us in 93:20 for next season. Might consider it if they price it right, say £160 for the 4 group games.

If you don't feel you are getting the right information then maybe contact Mike Ash, the over 65s City Matters rep. He's very helpful. Looking at the FAQs if you are 65 on August 1st in renewal year your should get the concession. My birthday is in June and I got it for my 65th birthday.

Michael Ash <michael.ash@citymatters.co.uk>
Thanks for the reply.

I contacted Mike at City Matters who has looked into it and he has confirmed, like the reply to me from the club, you have to be aged 66 on the 1st August to receive the over 65 discount.

Maybe the rules have changed since you were 65, but that is the position now.

Thanks for the reply.

I contacted Mike at City Matters who has looked into it and he has confirmed, like the reply to me from the club, you have to be aged 66 on the 1st August to receive the over 65 discount.

My Dad turned 65 in October 2023 and for the next cup game (Young Boys) he was only charged a concession rate and the orange light flashed on the turnstile when he came in.
So if they’re giving him over 65 discount this season for cup games (since his birthday), why would he not get over 65 discount next season when he’ll be 65 years 9 months come August 1st?

Thanks for the reply.

So for seasoncard holders it should really be the over 66 discount!

I think it's one they've sneaked in actually.

Edit: so anyone who is 66 on August 2nd this year would be 67 before the 'over 65' discount kicked in for 2025-26 season.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

So it looks like City have stealthily and unannounced increased the senior citizens concession age to 66, inline with the state pension age. Which is what West Ham did a season or two ago, and what Spurs intend to do in the next season or so.
It beggars belief that the club are playing tricks like this, but if they would rather have a load of tourists that have no long term affinity with City in the stadium instead of older long term legacy fans who have been going to City matches for decades rather than a couple of years,then so be it.
But in my view it's incredibly short term planning from the club.

Last edited:
My Dad turned 65 in October 2023 and for the next cup game (Young Boys) he was only charged a concession rate and the orange light flashed on the turnstile when he came in.
So if they’re giving him over 65 discount this season for cup games (since his birthday), why would he not get over 65 discount next season when he’ll be 65 years 9 months come August 1st?
My pal who I sit with in block 132, had his 65th birthday in May 2023 ( he was born in May 1958) and he got approx 50% discount for this years season card.
So it looks like this season may be the last for over 65, and from now on it will be over 66 for a concessionary season card.

Thanks for the reply.

They are chiselling you the terms haven't changed it clearly states and adult is up to 64 and OAP concession from 65.

A shame City Matters are going along with it so easily, it is a clear maladministration case and is indefensible.

They are chiselling you the terms haven't changed it clearly states and adult is up to 64 and OAP concession from 65.

A shame City Matters are going along with it so easily, it is a clear maladministration case and is indefensible.
There isn't much point in having an over 65 City Matters rep, if they are just towing the party line.
A complete waste of time and effort.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.