Season to date - Evaluation

Today was a downer and we probably should have won more away games, but still in both cups and the league. Couldn't ask for much more!

So far its good, we beat Wigan and will be in Fa Cup semifinal (there is a 66% chance it will be vs Sunderland/Hull or a Championship team).

But no one cares how it all was in February but how it will be in May.

Next week on Sunday we simply have to beat Sunderland. Thats one trophy in the bag, some celebration, extra mental power for the remaining games.
But I cant take it granted, the way Sunderland plays, the way they raise their game vs us, they will play like it is their cup final. :)
One of the boogey teams as well, easily can see AJ punishing us and they win 1-0. We are favourite but we were last year vs Wigan too.

League is very hard, for me Chelsea has all what it takes to win, easy fixtures left, not many injured players, experience in winning it by Mourinho, I hope they go far in CL and it will make them lose or not win some easier games.

But cant write of Arsenal or Pool who only have 12 more PL games to worry about.

If Aguero stays fucking fit we'll win the treble. If not, maybe only the double and finish 2nd in the league.

Great season. Trophies matter and I'm pretty sure the club is well aware of that more than we are. That being said, the football has been phenomenal. We are witnessing something really amazing lately and as long as we give it a go for everything, I think it's a success for me. We are making a real push, actually have a certain mentality and toughness, and are working for everything. I'm more of the belief that if we keep this up, we'll end up winning something and will only continue to grow -- if in spurts.

Amazing season so far.
Still think we will end up with 2 trophies, though i'm reluctant to say which 2 just yet. PL and CC would be nice, though the FA and CC would be a fantastic season, finishing second perhaps in the league. Too hard to predict the outcome of the league just yet.
Unfortunately I think we will go out at the Nou Camp, though that's nothing to be ashamed of, particularly as we played well last night in the main, with Demichelis's silly challenge just making it too hard of a task to see through on the night. Who knows though eh? We have nothing to lose now in going there and playing like we know we can, and with Aguero hopefully back.....

Amazing season. With almost all of our players fit now. If they stay fit...even when we probably go out against Barca we still have 3 competitions to win. We still have weaknesses which i expect us to correct this summer. Lescott leaving and Demichelis not up to the task i think we will finally sign a top class CB.
And get some better depth in the midfield areas.

micky_blue said:
OK a defeat tonight but still alive (just by fingertips) in CL - will possibly go out? but we'll give it a go

Carling Cup Final

FA Cup, quarter final at home against Wigan, a Championship team with our beloved Uwe at the helm..........i'm confident of a win

Premier league, would go top if we win game in hand......great position to be in, and if it goes pear shaped in the Nou Camp, then we can concentrate on winning this

I for one would have taken this at the start of the season!.............. Would you?
top post, was expecting to see whinging on here today, well done, fully agree.

The CL was always likely to be out of reach this season, so not too disappointed about yesterday. But it did show that we still have some way to go to reach the very top level.

We are a very good team but with obvious flaws. We're two top class defenders short of being a complete team. Until that is sorted out in the summer we're going to be prone to one too many defeats.

It would clearly be a massive disappointment if we lost the Capital One final. That trophy and winning the league would represent an excellent season. Anything less, a domestic cup double but losing out on the league, would inevitably feel disappointing given the standard of football we are capable of playing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.