Seasoncard - 2021/22 | Ticket Exchange

We've been working with the club for a while on processes to ensure tickets are made available and can be resold. I'll come onto that in a minute.

The above is an understandable but cynical view some take but the simple fact is that not enough people make unused tickets available for resale. That's a large part of the reason why we often have empty seats.

The process for recycling mobile tickets isn't good enough and needs to be made slicker and simpler but Ticket Exchange is straightforward to use. What we need to do is to get people to use it though. We believe that if you use it once, you'll be more likely to use it again.

We've just been discussing this on WhatsApp and, personally, I'd have done it for a different game. Maybe not midweek v Watford but another game that's more likely to see non-attendance than Liverpool (although it's Easter holidays later that week so quite a few may be away). There would prob be a bit of a financial hit to the club but the more who take advantage the better, as we need to build the habit.

As to longer-term solutions we've floated various solutions, including adjusting the price paid for tickets put on the exchange that more closely reflect the cost of matchday tickets, giving people part of the cash (or points) just for listing or even allowing a limited 'boost' so you could choose to get closer to full price a few times. These discussions are ongoing and nothing has been resolved but, to be honest, we don't believe the 1/19th refund really is a significant factor. But that doesn't mean we can't look at it.
Thanks for the insight Col. I wasn't aware that CM were involved in this so my cynicism is probably misplaced!

Yeah, I'm not sure Liverpool is the best game to run this trial either. There will be far fewer people putting their tickets on the exchange compared to other matches and any that are will get snapped up almost immediately.

I fully agree that they need to make fans more aware of the ticket exchange though. Plenty know about it but plenty still don't.

We've been working with the club for a while on processes to ensure tickets are made available and can be resold. I'll come onto that in a minute.

The above is an understandable but cynical view some take but the simple fact is that not enough people make unused tickets available for resale. That's a large part of the reason why we often have empty seats.

The process for recycling mobile tickets isn't good enough and needs to be made slicker and simpler but Ticket Exchange is straightforward to use. What we need to do is to get people to use it though. We believe that if you use it once, you'll be more likely to use it again.

We've just been discussing this on WhatsApp and, personally, I'd have done it for a different game. Maybe not midweek v Watford but another game that's more likely to see non-attendance than Liverpool (although it's Easter holidays later that week so quite a few may be away). There would prob be a bit of a financial hit to the club but the more who take advantage the better, as we need to build the habit.

As to longer-term solutions we've floated various solutions, including adjusting the price paid for tickets put on the exchange that more closely reflect the cost of matchday tickets, giving people part of the cash (or points) just for listing or even allowing a limited 'boost' so you could choose to get closer to full price a few times. These discussions are ongoing and nothing has been resolved but, to be honest, we don't believe the 1/19th refund really is a significant factor. But that doesn't mean we can't look at it.
Thanks for the Update PB.

I get the angle city are trying to achieve, they want as many tickets to readily available to cityzens from secure channels and no empty seats in the ground

Personally, im a pretty active user of the TE and have done for years right back to our viagago days and other 3rd parties.

My only points would be:
- need to reduce the 45 days - City gain the money from the sale of my ticket ~10 days before a game and i have to wait 45 after the match..like any refund i think it should be 5-10days Max.
- I know my seat is selling for ~£60 via city compared to the £43 i receive for my 1/19th so im happy getting that matched exactly. Any financial incentive higher than 1/19th ..i wouldnt complain.
- Other non tangible incentives like Loyalty points, Freebies or priority windows for other games might entice more usage.
- What is Citys current stance on capping usage at 6 times a season? that has been scrapped? Again personally, i have been hesitant to use the TE because i didnt want to add another stat to my ST or my fathers. Therefore, i was driven to use Facebook buy and sell pages for lower returns to manage that risk.
- The buy and sell pages are 90% legit and thousands of tickets are sold between blues this way each Matchday. ..but often scams and mis-selling takes place which leaves bad tastes with fans. Therefore, the incentive of handling tickets Fan2Club2Fan should be encouraged and made easier. The pricing on the tickets can be wildly spread with fans selling for 20-30 for £50 tickets..just to get something back and cash in hand with little bother. They rarely stay legit FV.
- Does the ticket office "buy" tickets or are all exchanges on the TE solely done by those with cityzens memberships?

Also..can you ask city to bring back the gift on the season ticket packs.. i know covid affected it this year plus all the environmental cut backs but even a voucher or something as i sometimes buy clothing from the shop :)

There are lot of issues with the exchange as it is, normally down to the club:

Selling tickets and then relisting them a few days before the game claiming they were never sold despite showing as sold one the exchange page, the tickets section of your account and sometime and email if lucky.
The club undercutting TE sellers massively for most games this season in the last week or so, probably leading to buyers cancelling to buy cheaper tickets leading to the problem above, but TE seller compete with tickets 40 to 60% cheaper.
The software allowing tickets to be selected for hours by sellers (the timer only comes on the check out page)
Being told the club have paid you, but having to wait 60 days

The biggest is when sold tickets are relisted just before the game and the club denies any knowledge or liability. To try and avoid people knowing their tickets are sold the clubs send an email saying they are sold under 3 hours to go to kick off rather than when they were sold.

We have used ticket exchange extensively this season. Other than the debacle with late payment early in the season, it has been fantastic. The club have clearly listened to feedback from City Matters as the comms round it and it’s ease of use is exceptional. Payment for sold tickets is now days rather than weeks. There really is little excuse for leaving a seat empty as they sell even at very short notice.
the parking booking process is also very slick indeed this season. So fair play. I was quick enough to call out their customer service shortfalls early this season, it’s only right to give credit when 5hey get things right. Well done for continuing to fight for us season ticket holders mate.

Call me cynical but it will only happen for a game of this importance as city know they can sell tickets comfortably and make more money. Ive used the TE this season to no avail. I get better luck selling it on here at least I then know a blue is getting a ticket for what id receive from city, not some extortionate price.

Call me cynical but it will only happen for a game of this importance as city know they can sell tickets comfortably and make more money. Ive used the TE this season to no avail. I get better luck selling it on here at least I then know a blue is getting a ticket for what id receive from city, not some extortionate price.
Yeah they are trying to fix an issue that does not exist for the Liverpool match.

Rather than concentrate on not having the PAH shambles like they has for united at home, they are pushing with the same system for Liverpool, with shorter timescales, despite their system not being able to identify half the PAH users.

This may seem like a foolish question, but the fact is that this (the Liverpool game) is the first match I shall have been able to get to (Covid/Omicron really didn't help matters, I won't go into it).
Now I've been transferring my seat to friends and family, no sweat. I know how to go through that rigmarole. My seat's never been empty this season.
Do I presume that I don't have to transfer the seat to myself? In so far as I've got my card on my phone, via the Google Pay wallet, and if you open it up by touching the screen it shows the bar code, am I right in thinking that's enough, and that will get me through N2?
Seems obvious, but I just want to be absolutely sure about this. I'm flying in…
Oh, one other thing. I'm not very likely to have a bag with me this time, but for future reference: are the Bag Drops fairly efficient? I mean by that, do you have to hang around for about twenty minutes both when dropping off the bag and when picking it up? I ask because I've often had to leave my bag at Left Luggage on the platform that has it at Piccadilly station. It's fairly quick, but it actually works out quite pricey (and certainly more than a fiver).

There is a tear in my eye this morning.... I have had to do the unthinkable, the ultimate betrayal...by me and my stupid body!!

I have listed my ticket for the next two matches!! I never thought that it would come to this. I have betrayed John Boy, I have betrayed my team, I have betrayed my fellow Cityzens.
I humbly apologise. (but it is the best seat in the ground!!)

Please note the slight tongue in cheek folks. But I am upset at having to do it. :-)

Sorry to mither but I have just had a thought (it happens live with it I have to) ;-) A quick question if you will.

My SC is, of course, a concession over 65's. Will the club sell it as an ordinary i.e. adult ticket?
I'm only asking because I feel it would sell better (being on the front row in such a good position) not because I would be getting the full price, of course I would only get whatever I paid for it. Does that make sense to people?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.