Seasoncard - 2021/22

It would give fans the chance to try this NFC technology. I've certainly never used it before and would feel more confident about getting in at the Etihad if it worked for me at Wembley.
The plan is that you will get the chance to trial it at the Etihad before the first game.

Sounds like I’ll be rocking up early doors and hoping the beer’s back on in the ground for the first game back.

Would also help if the TVs on the concourse showed any other games being played. I often want to watch an earlier game but can never be sure if it will be shown at the ground. With the 12.45 games ending just before a 3pm k.o. , it means missing the final 10/20 mins. I’m sure I’m not on my own in thinking that if other games were shown in the ground then arriving early and having a beer would be a good option.
No sound, just every other tv for those who want it. Team news etc on the other TVs

I'm not sure you can totally blame the club here. They may have found that the main problem was "user errors" rather than the infrastructure. If that's the case then there's no real need to do ramped up stress testing because that's already been done at other stadia, it works, that's known.

The other issue is how do you organise these test events? The pandemic has stopped the club doing any pre-season games with fans, so far. Maybe they will still try with restricted attendances but personally I think we just have to go with it. I know it's not welcomed by many, but I understand the reasons why it's being done, and actually can also see the argument for doing it now rather than deferring it another year (when there may be a naturally lower attendance early on).

In the grand scheme of things, it's a first world problem we are facing. I'm happy to put up with the inconvenience (and will probably moan about it afterwards) but after what some people have had to face over the last 18 months, I'm sure I can handle it.
Im not arguing with the concept at all. Just the implementation. From what has been said on here the problems run deeper than user error and I just would like the new system fully tested and working before its rolled out to everyone.

Yes but only on a credit card. Never used my phone to pay for anything and I don't yet have GPay which I understand you may need? Would have been a good opportunity to try this out before Norwich game.
Yes, GPay or Apple Pay. They use the same base NFC technology as a credit card but the mobile versions are more advanced. I've only just started using it but felt confident because my bank has been actively pushing it, in fact all my financial institutions are pushing it so they must want it. I like using it tbh. It's worth trying it out if your bank offers it, you can always ditch it if it's not for you.

Im not arguing with the concept at all. Just the implementation. From what has been said on here the problems run deeper than user error and I just would like the new system fully tested and working before its rolled out to everyone.
Fair enough, I've not seen the comments confirming it was definitely the reader devices that were at fault.

Yes, GPay or Apple Pay. They use the same base NFC technology as a credit card but the mobile versions are more advanced. I've only just started using it but felt confident because my bank has been actively pushing it, in fact all my financial institutions are pushing it so they must want it. I like using it tbh. It's worth trying it out if your bank offers it, you can always ditch it if it's not for you.

I've only added GPay recently due the fact I'll need it to get into the Etihad. Gave it a trial run paying for a round in the pub and it was dead simple. If it works like that at the stadium then no problem with it as far as I can see. The problems will arise with lengthy queues caused by user error, phones playing up, switching on the NHS App to show Covid QR code, bag & body searching, etc. etc. I can see it being a slow process, certainly for the early games.
I'm really looking forward to getting back to watch City, but dreading the process of getting into the ground.

It links with the microchips in the Covid vaccine so if you use your phone for contactless, Bill Gates knows you're the one using it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.