Seasoncard - 2021/22

The plastic cards were not infallible. The data on them can become corrupted and cause them to fail leaving you stranded at the gate. That happened to me and a few other people I know over the years.
Never heard anyone mention this once or have an issue with these or paper tickets, or QR codes. The only time I have known cards to refuse entry is when the ticket office had made an error.

Not sure how the f: number on the card get corrupted, that is what normally happens with a database when someone botches it.

Yet the one game with phone entry it was clear the majority were having issues

Quick question if anybody can help.
Turns out my dads mobile doesn’t have NFC, but I have my old iPhone he can use, question is would it need a SIM card to allow the nfc to work?

My phone doesn't have NFC. For the Everton game the hand held scanner wouldn't register it at the outer barrier. The steward tried s couple of times and as I was about to kick off said it worked and let me through. The ticket on the Google wallet had a barcode on and that worked at the turnstile no problem.

Never heard anyone mention this once or have an issue with these or paper tickets, or QR codes. The only time I have known cards to refuse entry is when the ticket office had made an error.

Not sure how the f: number on the card get corrupted, that is what normally happens with a database when someone botches it.

Yet the one game with phone entry it was clear the majority were having issues
You have, I just mentioned it. Perhaps the 4 or 5 times I witnessed it within my own group over the last 12 years was just coincidence but I'd guess it was happening regularly myself. I only got in when it happened to me because my ten year old son was on the other side of the gate and I asked the steward who was going to look after him while I queued up at the ticket office to prove who I was (as per their instructions). I tried again at the next game and was once more faced with it not working, so I ordered a replacement. The steward said it happened sometimes. My brother on another occasion was less lucky and had to queue up at the ticket office to resolve his issue of a printed ticket not working, as was my mate when his card didn't work. He's also had the issue twice. For both my mate and me, this was halfway through seasons so the cards had been working but suddenly stopped. Sounds either like corrupted data storage or the circuit was broken inside the card but I guess it could be an access list error.

If anyone thinks the communication from City has been bad I've just been talking to a mate who's a season ticket holder at Rochdale. They are due to play Harrogate away on Saturday in their first match. As of yet they still don't know whether Harrogate are going to allow away fans in. 4 days before the game!

If anyone thinks the communication from City has been bad I've just been talking to a mate who's a season ticket holder at Rochdale. They are due to play Harrogate away on Saturday in their first match. As of yet they still don't know whether Harrogate are going to allow away fans in. 4 days before the game!

Harrogate is rather a posh town. Maybe they think Dale fans are a bit beneath them. Lol.

Harrogate is rather a posh town. Maybe they think Dale fans are a bit beneath them. Lol.
What do you mean... 'maybe'?

Those buggers in Yorkshire have fought wars for less. They'll be doing re-enactments of the 2021 quelling of the Rochdale invasion for years to come.

Book your places now for the first re-enactment. You'll need NFC or access to a printer....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.