Seasoncard - 2021/22

Combustion engines are pretty straight forward, the biology of a horse less so.

No phone technology will ever be quicker than the season card or more reliable when it comes to getting in the match, and phones are more likely to die like an exhausted horse.
The plastic cards were not infallible. The data on them can become corrupted and cause them to fail leaving you stranded at the gate. That happened to me and a few other people I know over the years.

Google Pay can store tickets and passes as well as pay for things. It generates complex codes that get passed to and from the reader device that prove you have the authority to use the card being charged or the ticket/pass being used. So as you get to the turnstile, you will select the seasoncard in GPay and then the reader validates it. There's no financial transaction at this

Google Pay is something of a confusing name. The iPhone equivalent - Apple Wallet - makes more sense for those that aren’t too hot when it comes to technology (no offence). Think of it as a wallet for storing various payment cards, tickets and passes - cards that are used for paying for stuff are just one type of thing that’s in there.

Thanks mate. Looking at it as a wallet does make more sense.

Nothing wrong with being a legacy fan. At least we can look back fondly on the pre-shitshow days, when clubs actually valued supporters.
Speaking as a legacy fan of sixty years plus, I don’t remember any time when clubs valued supporters. They were happy to take their money and provide the bare minimum by way of facilities, information or assistance.

Can a payment be taken fraudulently from a phone if NFC remains enabled after it's been scanned and if so what is the range?
Nobody has managed to crack it yet as far as I know. It’s one of the most secure forms of payment around.

It doesn’t actually store or use the card details you input in the device. Your card issuer creates a device-specific Device Account Number, encrypts it and sends it along with other data, such as the key used to generate dynamic security codes that are unique to each transaction.

woman at work as just showed me her digital seasoncard for utd
she has an i phone,its just a email with a barcode,she says thats all they need to get it,no apple pay or google pay and nothing about nfc

woman at work as just showed me her digital seasoncard for utd
she has an i phone,its just a email with a barcode,she says thats all they need to get it,no apple pay or google pay and nothing about nfc
From memory their turnstiles currently use barcode scanning, maybe they don't have the NFC tech already installed?

Speaking as a legacy fan of sixty years plus, I don’t remember any time when clubs valued supporters. They were happy to take their money and provide the bare minimum by way of facilities, information or assistance.
I know what you're saying Norb, 'valued' is probably the wrong word, but at least we were all treated much the same by the club.
Nowadays it's all about giving priority to corporates / hospitality customers and day trippers, and, as a consequence, caring less about traditional / legacy fans.
I don’t think I'm the only City fan on here who doesn't feel 'part of the club' anymore. It's not just City... the majority of so called 'elite clubs treat traditional (mainly low spending) fans as an underclass.
A lot of low earning supporters have been lost over the years. At least City try to help with low cost seats / value season cards etc, but it's really little more than crumbs off the table.
Let's not kid ourselves... The Super League is where City and similarly wealthy clubs will definitely want to be. Elite football will be a game for the wealthy within 10/15 years and the majority of current / traditional fans will be priced out of attending games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.