Seasoncard - 2021/22

No. It doesn't need WiFi or a mobile signal. It just transmits from your phone to the reader using Near Field Communication. Or doesn't.

Great news is that soon we shouldn't have to rely on remembering our phones, our phones working properly, being charged, the readers working, etc.

Apparently they can do this stuff on a credit card sized piece of plastic with a chip in it. Hopefully phonrs are just a stopgap & they'll be able to roll these cards out next season.
I thought all this downloading bollocks onto phones, mobile tickets was a money saver - no prestigious tin stuffed with goodies and a convenient credit card sized ticket, no postage, no design consultants making sure the package fitted letterboxes, etc.

Word of warning for those going down the 'print at home' route. I did this for the first time for Wembley (though didn't arrive on time to print at home but that's another story) and was amazed at how shite quality the ticket and barcode was. It was a bit like them vouchers you get in the Metro for a Big Mac & Fries for £1.99. Was amazed that the scanner read it and let me in. God knows what would have happened if had the usual rain/beer/blood stains on it.

Getting away from the intricacies of the downloads for a moment and thinking of the 1st real examination of this system, then it's difficult not to think that there really could be some serious shit come the Norwich game if this, as looks almost certain now, plays out to be the disaster that it currently looks like being. The potential for crowd build up, disorder and potential crush issues at the small area behind the South Stand is of huge concern. That's without the worry of some fans still wanting a small level of personal space. I've seen on many occasions when Seasoncards were not updated for League Cup games and fans were directed in huge number back to the ticket office to get printed versions. Just how often will any steward allow any fan to try and swipe his phone before things get feisty. Also bear in mind it's 3pm, people will have been drinking and the whole situation could get very nasty very quickly.

Thinking of going down the print at home route. Then when I'm attending the game either print it off or send the document to my smartphone to scan at the turnstyle. Same process if my brother uses my card. Simples!

By card I mean seat. Gonna miss that word

My dad has bought all three of our tickets, each under our individual names but all on his account
Can log onto his account and see my ticket but not download it! Will give it another crack tomorrow

My dad has bought all three of our tickets, each under our individual names but all on his account
Can log onto his account and see my ticket but not download it! Will give it another crack tomorrow
Same for me tried ringing gave up

If it's in your name shouldn't it be available to download when you log in to your account?

I went for the print at home option. Seemed to work ok and I received an email confirmation. Tried a second time for my wife's login and we got the error most other people received. Tried a few times more and it worked. Hopefully we're both set up for print at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.