Seasoncard - 2021/22

So been on the website to read about these new tickets. tbh the whole thing is a bit daunting. Im 55 yrs old and I admit I am a bit of an IT dinosaur, I dont have google pay, infact I have never paid for anything with my mobile and dont intend to start now. I have no idea what NFC is? my mobile phone is quite old. There must be thousands of people like me who havent a clue what they are doing and are quite put off by this. I go to watch City because I enjoy it, I dont expect to have to worry and mess about with all this nonsense. How on earth is this easier than having a card ?

If it aint broke dont fix it! I would like to add If you want to disenfranchise thousands of your own customers overnight this seems like the ideal way.
spot on .

The new technology is different to the old one as the turnstile is now waiting for a response that the old cards cannot possibly do, so it would be complicated, sadly. I think offering the option would have just meant most people opting for it in any case and I have explained before why the change is happening now.
It makes you wonder what system L’pool are using then as they have given their fans the option of a card for a £5 fee.

It makes you wonder what system L’pool are using then as they have given their fans the option of a card for a £5 fee.
Or Everton.

The QR codes work on paper or a card, there is no issue having one QR code per season or longer.

So folk have to get a bus/ taxi to local library ( if they have one that’s still open ) to print off their pass, how on earth is that an improvement. It’s nonsense.
I bought my printer about 4 years ago for around £50, and they're still more or less the same price now. It's wireless, and I have used it from both my laptop and mobile with no problems. I don't use it much, but have spare ink cartridges from Cartridge Discount - all compatible at a fraction of the cost.
In the future, I'll be putting holiday documents on my phone, as I have for my seasoncard.
I'm not particularly IT savvy, but I've had no problems (so far).
Like garlic bread, it's the future! (And I hate garlic ;-) )

I bought my printer about 4 years ago for around £50, and they're still more or less the same price now. It's wireless, and I have used it from both my laptop and mobile with no problems. I don't use it much, but have spare ink cartridges from Cartridge Discount - all compatible at a fraction of the cost.
In the future, I'll be putting holiday documents on my phone, as I have for my seasoncard.
I'm not particularly IT savvy, but I've had no problems (so far).
Like garlic bread, it's the future! (And I hate garlic ;-) )
Nothing like a bit of smugness eh? By the way I went to buy a new printer a few months ago, the computer shop owner said availability was low and prices sky high, supply issues due to Covid, so I doubt the price now is what it was 4 years ago

Nothing like a bit of smugness eh? By the way I went to buy a new printer a few months ago, the computer shop owner said availability was low and prices sky high, supply issues due to Covid, so I doubt the price now is what it was 4 years ago
Available in currys £44.99 wireless HP

<sarcasm>
Yeah stop moaning everyone. It's not unreasonable to have to buy a printer or a smartphone upgrade or traipse down to the ground before every match to collect your ticket in person just so you can go to the match. The new system is cleary much better than the old system because it's newer. Newer is always better and us old people need to accept that.</sarcasm>

Saved me the problem of explaining to him. I checked the Currys site (where I'd bought the previous two) before commenting to make sure it wasn't bullshit.
Think I'll change my username to Jacob Rees-Smug.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.