Seasoncard - 2021/22

Fuck me, where to begin?

Do you really think E Ticketing is a technical advance? We’ve all got on a plane or a ship with an E ticket. What we’re talking about is a system piloted once by City that had issues. A system replacing something that wasn’t broken. A system that will likely stop you giving your ticket that you’ve paid for to a mate who normally can’t afford to go if you can’t make it yourself.

Let me try to explain it to you in the only way you understand, how it effects you. Going by the pilot, lots of people will have issues scanning from their phones. That means you will be delayed getting into the ground. That means you might miss the first 15 minutes. That means you will spend half time telling the over 70’s they’re not welcome because they’re not as tech savvy as you rather than doing it before the game starts.
Kick a few of the old git’s over on the way out. The world won’t wait for them.
Who the fuck has put 50p into you?

Let me reiterate. If City implement it badly it’s on them to resolve. It’s not the fault of e ticketing as a concept if City do e ticketing badly. And yes, in comparison to pulling bits of paper out of a book, it’s a technological advance. Irrelevant but I’ve answered your question.

You probably shouldn’t stereotype over 70s by the way, it’s not an age thing it an acceptance of technology. You can be ignorant to it whether you’re 40 or 80.

It’s a societal issue where people need either further help, training etc on mobile technology or they need to stop being ignorant to it. It isn’t going to go away, so forgive me if I believe people should accept that and get better at it as a way of dealing with technological changes better.

Queing and missing part of the game isn’t an eticketing issue. And again, it’s nothing to do with me or my opinion.

That sounds reasonable does it not ?
I work in IT and you don't roll a major change like this out unless you're sure you've ironed out all the major bugs. They should have asked people if they wanted it, and offered an incentive to those that were prepared to use it.

A system that will likely stop you giving your ticket that you’ve paid for to a mate who normally can’t afford to go if you can’t make it yourself.
This is absolutely not the case. We've been told by City that they will be introducing a system to allow tickets to be easily forwarded to others. So please stop peddling this nonsense, something you have no knowledge of.

Why do they have to implement it 100%?

Why can’t they offer it as an option when renewing?

My smart phone is around 6 years old, the battery is weak, you can’t just replace the apple batteries like it’s a set of Duracell’s. On an all dayer I can see it becoming an added stress.

My mates grandad is 80, he doesn’t have a phone or a printer, why can’t he have a card.

Why can’t life be simple?

I work in IT and you don't roll a major change like this out unless you're sure you've ironed out all the major bugs. They should have asked people if they wanted it, and offered an incentive to those that were prepared to use it.

This is absolutely not the case. We've been told by City that they will be introducing a system to allow tickets to be easily forwarded to others. So please stop peddling this nonsense, something you have no knowledge of.

On your second point, I assume it will be a QR code which surely then means a screenshot will suffice?

Who the fuck has put 50p into you?

Let me reiterate. If City implement it badly it’s on them to resolve. It’s not the fault of e ticketing as a concept if City do e ticketing badly. And yes, in comparison to pulling bits of paper out of a book, it’s a technological advance. Irrelevant but I’ve answered your question.

You probably shouldn’t stereotype over 70s by the way, it’s not an age thing it an acceptance of technology. You can be ignorant to it whether you’re 40 or 80.

It’s a societal issue where people need either further help, training etc on mobile technology or they need to stop being ignorant to it. It isn’t going to go away, so forgive me if I believe people should accept that and get better at it as a way of dealing with technological changes better.

Queing and missing part of the game isn’t an eticketing issue. And again, it’s nothing to do with me or my opinion.
If the overwhelming majority of the UK adult population used Google Pay or Apple Pay for all their transactions then you might have a point. The fact is there only a relatively small minority using them regularly. My son and daughter who are in their 20s and both work in IT don't use them and when I'm in the supermarket twice a week I barely see anyone paying via their phone. Usually the few that do end up fucking about trying to get it to work.

Lots of smartphone owners don't have an NFC supporting phone as it tends to be mid to higher end phones that do. The club should offer it as an option but I'd say you should be able to choose a card as previously if you prefer one.

You are right, I have no knowledge of it because the change hasn’t been communicated. Still, as long as you’re in the know. Sorry my extra sensory perception was down.

Checked my emails and Its the same price as summer 2019 at £820 (east stand level 1) plus city owe me 6 credits so can take a 1/3 off that.

however, my ST holder dad uses a £9.99 burner phone so e-tickets might be tricky for him. See what city come out with.

Plus I do pass the ST onto friends or use Daz buy and sell Facebook page to meet people on the day. Looks like that’s coming to an end.

hopefully they extend the ticket exchange from 6 to 10 or unlimited. Should curb the empty seats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.