Seasoncard Amnesty

I've every sympathy with the club and the dilemma they face themselves in and also with CM Reps trying to please all the people all the time.

The problem for me isn't just with City but with a few other things where measures introduced for Covid aren't dropped at a later date. There are many many ways of capturing details for track and trace purposes - QR code on seats for example - without having an amnesty / photo ID.

It feels like the club are using covid as a means of solving a different problem - cards changing hands and profit not being maximised. Covid is a good cover but fast forward 6 months - will photo ID be dropped once a vaccine is in place? let's not forget that this is the club who a few months ago floated facial recognition as a means of entry.

There are many options to capture info for track and trace purposes. All this feels like opportunism from the corporate suits rather than a genuine means of keeping us safe.

Would be very interested to hear how other clubs are going about it and what options they have.

I've every sympathy with the club and the dilemma they face themselves in and also with CM Reps trying to please all the people all the time.

The problem for me isn't just with City but with a few other things where measures introduced for Covid aren't dropped at a later date. There are many many ways of capturing details for track and trace purposes - QR code on seats for example - without having an amnesty / photo ID.

It feels like the club are using covid as a means of solving a different problem - cards changing hands and profit not being maximised. Covid is a good cover but fast forward 6 months - will photo ID be dropped once a vaccine is in place? let's not forget that this is the club who a few months ago floated facial recognition as a means of entry.

There are many options to capture info for track and trace purposes. All this feels like opportunism from the corporate suits rather than a genuine means of keeping us safe.

Would be very interested to hear how other clubs are going about it and what options they have.
I'm not sure there is "another" way of doing it - QR codes on seat's won't work... you a relying on people to scan a code and then enter their details into an app or a website on their phone - what if people just "don't do it" or put in the details of the person they have borrowed the SC from?

As much as people are treating this as a massive PITA and somehow encroaching on their civil liberties (or whatever) the fact is that City have a responsibility to make sure that the people they think are in the stadium are actually the people in the stadium, and that means photo ID - anything less would be a disregard for their fans safety during a worldwide pandemic...

I'm not sure there is "another" way of doing it - QR codes on seat's won't work... you a relying on people to scan a code and then enter their details into an app or a website on their phone - what if people just "don't do it" or put in the details of the person they have borrowed the SC from?

As much as people are treating this as a massive PITA and somehow encroaching on their civil liberties (or whatever) the fact is that City have a responsibility to make sure that the people they think are in the stadium are actually the people in the stadium, and that means photo ID - anything less would be a disregard for their fans safety during a worldwide pandemic...

End of the day anyone can give any name in a pub, restaurant, whatever but all they are doing is denying themselves the opportunity to be contacted if there's a positive case from a seat near them at the stadium. It doesn't need an accurate database, I do think they're using a hammer to crack a nut and there are other motives at play.

End of the day anyone can give any name in a pub, restaurant, whatever but all they are doing is denying themselves the opportunity to be contacted if there's a positive case from a seat near them at the stadium. It doesn't need an accurate database, I do think they're using a hammer to crack a nut and there are other motives at play.
Just come off the meeting and can't say anything because things have still got to be signed off. But it was very positive and showed the value of having open dialogue with fan representatives as I think we'll get a better outcome than we would have got had the club not consulted us.

But we need to get one thing straight. What the club will be asking fans to do with respect to ID and other things, for the purposes of health and safety, is mandated by the authorities. It has been imposed on them and isn't negotiable. If people do want to get back in the stadium then they will have to accept it, all or nothing.

I think we are really going to struggle to get lots of fans in the ground when possible.

people out of work/ financially struggling
Our older fan base
People scared of the virus
Barely any tourists visiting the uk atm

Checking id could effect it aswell. Loads of people use cards in other people’s names

from my point of view it’s not worth it. I wouldn’t feel safe and I don’t think it’s worth the hastle of spending all day queuing up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.